V5

yoko8pups

I just bought a second hand hymer and the V5 says it only has 2 seats even though it has 4 seatbelts. We are two older people so it's not a great problem as we shall mostly use it alone but we did imagine being able to take our grandchildren with us occasionally. Should we try to alter the V5 or is it normal to only register the two cab seats?

I would first check if they were fitted as standard or someone has fitted them if the latter I woul get them checked by a reputable company to make sure they are safe before you put your gran kids in them some times people put them in as an after thought I saw a couple of these when we were looking for our MH if these are fitted correct then VOSA will check and you can add them on the V5

Our V5 also says 2 seats including driver. But we have 4 belted seats, in a 5 berth van. Ours where fitted at the factory when new. I think you will find that the V5 refers to the original van chassis. Have never bothered to have it changed as our Grand kids are too old to take on holiday. All but one can drive , and would not want to go away with us!

PJay

yoko8pups - 2015-04-08 3:57 PM

Thank you everyone, I think I will have to ask for the V5 to be changed.

Hi..

Before you start, I'd advise you to take some time and just get as much supporting documentation from the motorhome manufacturer and/or dealer as you can...

Also, photocopy everything before you send it off to Swansea...

You may be lucky and they'll amend your V5c with you just providing a photo and covering letter...

However..it does have the potential to be more of a faff about.. ;-)

My old Land Rover has two, three or seven seats, depending on which body is on at the time. Truck, convertible or estate wagon. I think the DVLA must have a special Land Rover department because they send back the amended V5 by return, they did the same for the change of engine. No other documentation required.

Archived