Hymer Display panel -

Thai Bry

Just returned from a short Easter break, and i am a little concerned and would like some help / advise.

Prior to noticing the below, I did notice another user coming out to the shared EHU post and doing a reset on the trip switch.

On 2 occasions, the main Display panel just went blank. I had to reprogram the data - such as dates and time and battery data.

When I tried to inform the system that my total battery ampage was 170, the panel only ever showed a 50% availability.

I also noticed that the charger only showed the battery @ 50% and a charge of 0.1 amp!!

After a while it did show 100% availability, after I had changed the data to say that my combined ampage was 85 Ah.

However all the electrics were fine and working, the leisure battery and main battery were showing 14.3 V's & 13.8 V's.

We have just had 2 x 85Ah batteries fitted.

Any advice / help would be very welcome, or does anyone think that i should have the panel looked at and the battery's checked.

Hi Brian.

I assume you have a "schaudt" panel. If so don't believe a word it says.

Set the panel for the total amount of the battery capacity then forget about it for a few days or go for a good run or put it on charge for a day or so and you should find it will eventually reset and start telling the truth.

If it is not under charge (by hook up / solar panels etc) and the battery voltage is shown as 12.8 or thereabouts but the capacity is at 50 % it is definitely telling porkies. It calculates that percentage by adding what power has passed through it in charge and subtracting what has passed through in load. When you 1st reset it to show a larger capacity of battery /ies it doesn't know where it is so as I said above - just ignore it for a few days and it should sort itself out.

Note if you have solar panels wired directly (via a regulator but not via the "Electroblock" you will also find that, although the battery may be full and have a very healthy voltage, the capacity could be shown as well down as it has only measured what has come out and not what has gone in.

Cheers

Have a look at Hymer Club International Technical Tips and you find, by scrolling down, some guidance on Display Panes which might help if they relate to your model.

When I went to two batteries on my last motorhome, I followed the HCI guidance and din't have any more display problems.

Thanks to the both of you for your information.

I will do as you have suggested, and see what happens with the readings on the panel.
I do not have any solar panels on my vehicle, so i can eliminate this part of the equation.

My other concern was that the panel went blank on 2 separate occasions, and I had to re enter the data all over again, including dates and times etc, etc.

I have also been to the HIC site

Many thanks once again to you both for your advice

StuartO - 2015-04-08 3:12 PMThe only scenario in which a Schaudt control panel would go blank would be a disconnection from the Electroblok, so check that the connections behind the panel and at the Electroblock are well made.

Many thanks Stuart
I am not qualified enough to be taking the panel apart.
The Electroblock on my van is under the passenger seat, and all i can see when i take off the side cover are the fuses on the Electroblock.

However many thanks for your advice, and if the problem persists, it looks like either a visit to a motorhome repairer or get on of my electrician friends to have a look.

Many thanks once again

Just a quick note of thanks to Stuart / Brock & Frankkia for their advice.

Panel seems to have settled down now, it's been on hook up over the last 2 days, I checked it this morning, and all seems OK.

Many thanks once again to all.

Even if you have a proper English version of your Hymer's manual, it probably won't include any information about the 12v circuit or your Schaudt system. The good news is that Schaudt are very helpful and you can even email people in English with your enquiries if necesary - but these Electrobloks and Control Panels are complex devices, so it ain't easy to undertand, even if you are a reasonably capably DIY person.

If you know the model of Electroblok (mine's an EBL101) and Control Panel they might be the same as mine and if so I could email you pdf versions of the manuals for them.

StuartO - 2015-04-13 1:20 PMEven if you have a proper English version of your Hymer's manual, it probably won't include any information about the 12v circuit or your Schaudt system. The good news is that Schaudt are very helpful and you can even email people in English with your enquiries if necesary - but these Electrobloks and Control Panels are complex devices, so it ain't easy to undertand, even if you are a reasonably capably DIY person.If you know the model of Electroblok (mine's an EBL101) and Control Panel they might be the same as mine and if so I could email you pdf versions of the manuals for them.
Evening Stuart
Many thanks for your kind offer of help. I do have the full English versions of all manuals, as bought the vehicle new.
I will look at the manuals and get back to you. 
I do know that the panel above the door is a DT 201 model and the Electroblok is the EBL101 model.
However there is no wiring diagram.
just checked the panel to ensure that all is okay.  Battery set at 150 ah, and showing only 50% availability with a charge of 0.1 amps! 
If battery set at 120 ah, then it shows as 100%, but I have 2 X 75 ah batteries fitted.
I will check again tomorrow night to see if things have reset themselves.
Thank you once again for your assistance

lennyhb - 2015-04-14 8:47 AMIf it has lost the battery capacity settings you will need to re-enter them you need a pin number to do this.For Hymer's the Pin is 8251
Hi Lenny
How can I do this please - regards the pin number, can't seem to see this section in my manuals.
If I go into another menu it displays L---U, then date is blank

Thanks
Thai Bry

Archived