HOT WATER TANK

PhilKathryn

I understand that your motorhome is a 2004 Hymer 544c, so it’s likely that the heating appliance will be a Truma C-Series ‘combination' air/water heater.

You will need to establish whether the water leak is external to the heater or coming from the heater’s internal water tank.

If the leak is external - for example if the plastic elbow that connects to the tank’s hot water outlet has become damage or has disconnected - a repair may be straightforward and inexpensive.

If the water tank itself is leaking (this happened with my Herald’s Truma heater when a welded joint in the tank failed) the heater will have to be removed and disassembled to allow a replacement tank to be fitted.

Guest Joe90
Phil&Kathryn - 2015-04-09 1:53 PM

Just packing our van to go away & it seems the hot water tank has burst or got a leak!! Help :-(

Have you checked the electric dump valve, good chance it could be that given that it's gone through some very low temperatures during the winter, and it's probably open and depositing your tank contents on to the road now you've come to fill the water system up, nothing to panic about, just pull it back up to shut it, the red knob on the top is the business end, I'd imagine you'll find the said valve very close to the boiler, well it should be ;-)

1743127224_dumpvalve.jpg.298f7d234851da796ff7b08cd61f8dae.jpg

Archived