Peterborough show?

Tracker

Evening all! Just thought I'd stick my nose on the forum and see what you've all be up too ... and who's 'survived' all the aggro that's gone on previously! :-D

I see that you've changed your van for a posh Autosleeper Rich ... I knew it would just be a matter of time before you went back to an 'old codger' type MH! ;-) :D

As for you Peter ... I thought you were 'in love' with your French Le Voyager (I think that's what you had?) but note you've now got a German Frankia!!! 8-) There must be something in the water though as we're changing our Autocruise Accent PVC shortly which we love but found it just a bit too wee when we went to Spain for 6 weeks recently, so we're getting a Globecar Familyscout L PVC, basically a bit longer version (6.34m) with an 'L' shaped lounge, a bit more storage space and ... a soft close sliding door! Yay!!!! We're picking it up in just over a couple of weeks from SMC in Newark (managed to do a stonking deal at Peterborough show) ... I'm getting a bit 'excited' about it now! :D

Mel B - 2015-04-20 9:51 PM

Evening all! Just thought I'd stick my nose on the forum and see what you've all be up too ... and who's 'survived' all the aggro that's gone on previously! :-D

I see that you've changed your van for a posh Autosleeper Rich ... I knew it would just be a matter of time before you went back to an 'old codger' type MH! ;-) :D

Welcome back Mel - the mods have been having a bit of blitz of late and it is much better on here for it so hopefully we will see more of you as it is still a good forum to learn and share.

Posh - me? I don't do posh Mel as you know - happy to leave that to others!

We went for the Exec because it is only marginally wider than the Warwick and the same length but with so much more space inside it is so good to be able to move about without falling over each other - and the deal was cracking too - but not the dealer!

Better still being narrower at the top it handles almost as well as a panel van and, even better, it fits on our drive easily so I can still get the wheelie bins and anything else in and out past it which I couldn't quite do with a conventional 'square' bodied coachbuilt!

Going anywhere nice this year?

So it's all about bins really - so much for posh!

We've recently got back from 6 weeks in France/Spain/Portugal - our first winter foray! We enjoyed it but it was tiring having covered 5,000 miles but it was an 'exploratory' trip to a great extent to find out what areas we liked, and would re-visit/spend more time in, in the future.

The trip did show us that a little bit more space would be nice - hubby wanted to see the new Swift Rio 340 coachbuilt with a large rear opening panel/door and electrically lowering bed over the rear dinette (basically a coachbuilt version of our panel van's layout san lowering bed) but I had reservations about the storage in it. At Peterborough although there wasn't one on the trade stands we did see a couple who had just taken delivery of theirs who were kind enough to let us have a look around which confirmed my conclusion regarding the storage space ... it was abysmal! That meant it was definitely ruled out and we decided to look at the Globecar Familyscout L again - we'd seen it last year as a friend on another forum has one and we had been musing over it for some time - chatting to them again and being given a more detailed tour of their van answered a lot of our queries and alleviated our concerns so it moved to the top of the list of 'one' and, to cut a very long story short, we were able to 'negotiate a very good deal for a 2014 demo model (pre-facelift) model with only 250 miles on and will be collecting it on 7th May - can't wait.

As for you, I notice that you've moved too ... trying to get away from me now I've got my static caravan in Lincolnshire? :-D

Guest peter
Nice to see you back Mel. You have chosen a good dealer for your new van. That's where we got our Frankia from. First class service. We did like the LeVoyageur, but the Frankia is in a different league altogether, much more modern, with loads more storage between the double floor.

Archived