The Holy Grail

Guest Frank Wilkinson

Guest Frank Wilkinson

Please forgive me if this question has been asked a hundred times! My wife and I currently tow a caravan with our main holidays on the Continent. We've loved the freedom of being able to set up on a site and then use her Nissan X-Trail for exploring the lovely villages and countryside. I've been put off motorhomes by the number of people who have very large ones and never seem to leave the site and really see the area. However.....

Towing has become a bit of a pain, with all the hitching up and manoeuvering etc. and I'm warming to the idea of a fairly compact motorhome but it must have all the features but still be small enough to tour round each day. I know that it still won't be as easy to park etc. as a normal car but am prepared for some downside in this department.

I want twin beds, a shower, loo etc. and prefer a low-profile design. I'm currently leaning towards an Auto Sleeper Nuevo, which is under 18 feet long but seems to have all the goodies.

I would however, welcome any input from the more experienced motorhome users on this forum as to any other models that they recommend. Price isn't too much of an option and I don't suppose I can go silly anyway on something that's fairly compact.

Thanks in advance for any advice that I may receive.

Archived