Parking Eastern Scotland

hymernova1

Hi

Can anyone give information about Park and Ride or car parks in Perth, Dundee and Aberdeen which we can use. We only have a small motorhome length 5 metres and height 2.7 metres. We wonder whether the height of our van will be a problem.

Many thanks.

hymernova1 - 2015-04-13 8:07 PM

Hi

Can anyone give information about Park and Ride or car parks in Perth, Dundee and Aberdeen which we can use. We only have a small motorhome length 5 metres and height 2.7 metres. We wonder whether the height of our van will be a problem.

Many thanks.

PERTH No height issues at following

1. There is a car park on the South Inch, with no facilities other than a 'pay' public toilet during the day. The car park is Pay and Display, and overnighting appears to be tolerated. 7/8 mins walk to centre. GPS 56.390794, -3.426567

2. Broxden Park and Ride. Free parking. No overnighting - I think! Regular bus to centre. GPS 56.387188, -3.480373

3. Scone Park and Ride. Free parking. No overnighting - I think. Regular bus to centre. GPS 56.425084, -3.390850

DUNDEE - Not sure!

ABERDEEN - Bridge of Don Park and Ride. 10 mins to city centre. Not sure of details. Don't think there is height restriction. GPS 57.185092, -2.088412

I can't think of any big car parks in Dundee, since they built flats on the one at Victoria Dock.

There are some large bays on the river front on Riverside Drive opposite Tesco - often see vans parked there.

Or park at the southern end of the Tay Bridge and walk over.

Aberdeen used to have height restrictions on all it's park and ride to prevent motorhomes getting in. They also shut at night. Council offices will be able to confirm if this is still the case. Width restriction at Bridge of Dee of 7ft should not affect you and another mysterious one at N end of the esplanade. Sorry cannot comment on the other towns mentioned.

Archived