Totaly New?

mitty

Hello All Myself and Hubby are new to this forum, this being our first thread. Were looking to buy our First Motorhome and to be honest don't no where to start, we intend travelling around the uk first then move across to europe, weve bought the WWW Magazine for the last four months to Research anything and all , and so far were favouring the American Motorhome B Class. Looking for any advice on wether we should go American or should we stay British with our first motorhome.? Regards Mitty ;-)

You will almost certainly not get it right first time. So I would suggest buying something old but pristine so you can find out what your personal likes and dislikes are, then sell it without losing too much to buy what you really want. Unless you are very good at DIY be aware that caravan mechanics are hard to find, nearly always booked up for weeks ahead, and very expensive. Also remember Murphy's Law, which states that anything which can break down will, and Sod's Law, whch states that when it happens it will be at the most inconvenient imaginable time and place. I guess that adds up to K.I.S.S. [Keep It Simple, Stupid]. If you can find a mainstream converter who obeys the KISS rule please let mem know - I don't think there are any. That implies having a custom conversion done to your own spec - there are plenty of converters advertising in MMM - but you have to know exactly what you want before takng that approach. Which brings us back to starting with something you can sell after a year or so at a minimal loss.

Archived