Continental VancoCamper 215/70 R15CP

lennyhb

Just changed my tyres ready to uprate the van.

I have for sale 4 x Continental VancoCamper

215/70 R15CP 109R

Just taken them of my Hymer which is under a year old they have done less than 5000 miles.

Anyone interested please PM me.

I live on the South Coast near Brighton, can arrange delivery if required.

Thanks Lenny, I have just had delivery of our lovely spare tyre. Anyone out there needing tyres these are half price and dated 2013. Great for us as a spare as know these tyres are so hard to get. We are now ready for touring Europe next month now.

Thanks Lenny. Very pleased

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

I bought one of Lennys tyres (great ) as a spare and we went to scrappy for a wheel cost £20. Cleaned it up and all set for our European tour. The weight is 17kg for tyre and wheel which is heavy but you never know when you may need one. If I was in uk I wouldnt bother maybe but we plan to visit Germany Croatia etc over 3 months so needs must.

Chris

A complete wheel is best as you can then be got out of trouble quick, with just a tyre might have to wait until next day to get a tyre changed, in Germany on a Saturday afternoon no chance until Monday.

If weight is that much of a problem a tyre is better than nothing. Tyre weighs 15 kg, Tyre & wheel about 24kg.

chris - 2015-05-16 6:39 PM

I bought one of Lennys tyres (great ) as a spare and we went to scrappy for a wheel cost £20. Cleaned it up and all set for our European tour. The weight is 17kg for tyre and wheel which is heavy but you never know when you may need one. If I was in uk I wouldnt bother maybe but we plan to visit Germany Croatia etc over 3 months so needs must.

Chris

It’s currently possible to obtain a ‘new’ Ducato 15” wheel for £47 including delivery

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15-Fiat-Ducato-1998-2015-Full-Size-Spare-Wheel-Replacement-Steel-Wheel-New-/111570505326

These are the genuine Fiat-marked article (not ‘pattern’ wheels) and apparently come out of Germany where the tyres originally factory-fitted to them have been removed by a motorhome manufacturer and fitted to alloy wheels. That a tyre had been on the wheel I bought was plain from the rubber residue on the inside of the wheel-well and the fact that a balance-weight was still attached to the rim

(It was reported some while ago that Michelin had obtained the contract to supply ‘camping’ tyres for Ducatos/Boxers/Relays. Initially this only seemed to relate to motorhomes fitted with alloy wheels, with Continental VancoCamper tyres continuing to be fitted to steel wheels. Now all new Ducatos/Boxers/Relays with CP-marked tyres appear to have Michelin Agilis Camping whatever wheels they have.)

• 2 months later...

Archived