Hire Of Small Motor Car In Normandy Or The Loire , France.

Frank McAuley

I refer to above. For the past few years I have towed an iQ on a BJ trailer on Motorhome trips to France and Spain but recent material on this site re the hire of a small car has given me cause for thought.

I have heard that the hire of a small car in either France or Spain is very reasonably priced but despite fairly extensive research last year I couldn't come up with the goods.

We intend staying in Normandy/Loire this June/July so I would vey much appreciate any info/advice as to the mechanics of hiring a small reasonably priced car in that region(s) ,eg, source,price,conditions etc .

There are so many Motorhomes towing cars now but the availability of a reasonably priced hire car appeals to me, particularly when we have a 5 hour trip to the outward bound port and the Motorhome 'appears' to handle like a sports car without the car/trailer.

The smallest of detail would be most useful please.

Hi Frank,

Not sure if this is of any help but you could try the local supermarket like Super U or E Leclerc most of the ones near me have cars for hire, not sure of the rates but you may be able to look them up online

Regards, Mark.

Frank McAuley - 2015-04-19 4:57 PM

I refer to above. For the past few years I have towed an iQ on a BJ trailer on Motorhome trips to France and Spain but recent material on this site re the hire of a small car has given me cause for thought.

I have heard that the hire of a small car in either France or Spain is very reasonably priced but despite fairly extensive research last year I couldn't come up with the goods.

We intend staying in Normandy/Loire this June/July so I would vey much appreciate any info/advice as to the mechanics of hiring a small reasonably priced car in that region(s) ,eg, source,price,conditions etc .

There are so many Motorhomes towing cars now but the availability of a reasonably priced hire car appeals to me, particularly when we have a 5 hour trip to the outward bound port and the Motorhome 'appears' to handle like a sports car without the car/trailer.

The smallest of detail would be most useful please.

Thanks folks. Just a couple of questions please:-

Do you prebook from the UK;

". ". Keep the same car for the duration of the trip even though you are probably moving to different

Sites OR;

Is it more practical to return the car and rehire at a different site?

Perhaps the local car hire scenario only applies if you are staying at the same site for the duration of the trip?

Hi Mark : hope you are settled-in!

Archived