Purchase and insure motorhome by a Canadian

galaxyhunter 309

The search continues for an insurance provider.

Happily I have found UK Motorhomes Sales and Rentals. It seems that he has an arrangement with an insurance provider to enable the purchase and coverage of products they sell. And in discussion with them they seem to be willing to arrange the purchase and subsequent insurance with a Motorhome I might find online. Of course there will be a handling fee. Seems fair.

I am in no particular hurry as I plan next year's adventure.

Having looked at a variety of motorhomes it seems that twin beds over a garage are the most desirable features. And it seems that Hymer and an abundance of others will suit just fine. The Hymer B674 has me written all over it. Lol.

Take care all. Enjoy your summers adventures.

Sadly it seems I will miss the last flight of the Avro Vulcan which happen far too soon. Please, if you have a chance, go watch this British icon doing what it does best, that is, flying. Happily I did get to see one fly at Abbotsford Airshow many years ago. Last year when the two Lancasters and the Vulcan fly together would have been brilliant.

Good Morning from Toronto (originally from the Prairies, so don't hold that against me :-)

I've looked into this for the past 25 years.

In that period I've rented campers twice, and have shipped 3 campers over, the last one, a Winnebago Rialta, just returned last August.

My travel site is here: http://travel.jeffersoncampervan.com/

I have always preferred to buy in Europe, but have found that it is not possible to buy, register and insure if you are not a EU resident. (There seems to be a possibility in the UK, but for no more than a year, so I never pursued that to verify if it can actually be done).

The short answer is the solution you found last year (I expect it was Turner or a similar operation?).

The registration & ownership actually remains in the name of the dealer, which requires a judicious leap of faith.

Archived