RWC15 in Motorhome - Where to stay?

Ameghino

Hello everybody, we are a family planning to go to RWC15 in a motorhome. we have already rented one.

We have games in Leicester and Cardiff and I would like to ask you where we can stay near the stadiums or with an easy way to get there. Also, is it possible to park the motorhome in a public parking during the game?

we are also planning to spend some days in London, Could you please recommend a place to stay with an easy way to get to London?

Thanks and regards,

Matias

Ameghino - 2015-04-21 2:03 PM

Hello everybody, we are a family planning to go to RWC15 in a motorhome. we have already rented one.

We have games in Leicester and Cardiff and I would like to ask you where we can stay near the stadiums or with an easy way to get there. Also, is it possible to park the motorhome in a public parking during the game?

we are also planning to spend some days in London, Could you please recommend a place to stay with an easy way to get to London?

Thanks and regards,

Matias

Cardiff easy, the council have a campsite ten minutes walk from the stadium, you may need to book though.

Thanks Rupert for your reply. I know about the campersite in Cardiff but they do not have availability for that dates. That is the reason I am looking for a campersite with an easy way to get to the Millenium.

I hope someone could help me.

Best regards.

Guest JudgeMental

campercontact. shows 2 sites, one in Cardiff, which you have probably tried and one in Barry

probably best staying out of city and using public transport. look on UK campsites website?

...for Cardiff, a possibility is Tredegar House Caravan Club site at Newport.

It appears to have reasonable availability at WC time, is a pleasant enough site, and though it is a bit of a way from Cardiff, there is a good, regular bus service a shortish walk from the site, right to the centre of Cardiff (next to the Millennium Stadium).

Train would be a slightly less convenient alternative.

I wouldn't want to take a motorhome into central Cardiff on a match day, so public transport is probably a given anyway.

IMO, the best site for London (if the motorhome is new enough to enter the Low Emission Zone - it should be!) is The Caravan Club Abbey Wood site. The site is very good, the immediate surroundings less so, but the transport options for Central London are excellent (a good value travelcard will give a full day's access to buses, trains and tube, allowing numerous options for the Centre, including sightseeing on the way). A short walk to Abbey Wood station, or an even shorter walk for the bus to Greenwich will provide a good start to the day.

...The Leicester area is a bit of a campsite desert, and parking in the centre, or park and ride sites (all of which have height barriers) is not going to be easy.

I'd suggest again that you look at places outside with public transport links.

There may well be other options, and this is not a specific recommendation as I don't know the site, but:

http://proctorspark.simplesite.com/

...is a possibility.

The main advantage is that it is within easy walking distance of regular trains and buses to Leicester, though if the match(es) you are attending are late evening or Sunday, I'd check the timetable first, otherwise, I'd say you'd be ok.

The travel shouldn't be over-expensive, and much easier than parking.

Archived