Change of adress on license

frenchman

Hi all,

Can anyone help? Need to change adress on license as we are going fulltiming. Will be using my sons

adress for correspondence, insurance etc. My question is when i go online to change adress it asks for national

insurance number? Will they check where i am living? as i wont be at my proper adress? Hope that makes sense!

Tracker - 2015-04-23 6:51 AM

ken the kontiki - 2015-04-22 10:51 PM

Can be done on the phone - takes no more than 10 minutes and didn't get asked for NI number, just new address (and payment IIRC).

There is no fee for a change of address according to the Gov website?

https://www.gov.uk/driving-licence-fees

Think he got stung, by one of the so called "help sites", as I did when renewing passport last time.There should not be a fee, as Tracker said

PJay

Hi

When I contacted the DVLA on this matter they just asked me to also send them a covering note explaining that the address given was a c/o address. I'm using a private box address and had no problems. Comfort Insurance are also ok with using a c/o address. My local council were the hardest to convince that I was legally entitled to have a private box in one town and still be a resident, even though I don't have an address, in their town. I needed this for my bus pass and electoral register.

Hope this helps

Dave

Archived