Hoovers in the motorhome.

flyboyprowler

I have been trying to find the best rechargeable hoover for the MH. I know there was a recent thread on here, but I can't find it! The Animal from Dyson looks best, but is too expensive and even SH ones fetch good money. Does anyone have a recommendation that is not too dear, but does a good job, and has the main body that detaches for getting into little places.

I've tried a few over the years, battery, 12v plug in and mains and ended up with the Dyson as the best, but luckily was given one by my son who had lost the charger. Bought a 12v charger on eBay.

A low powered mains one is probably the best alternative, used on hook up.

We have a Black and Decker 12v one. OK for doing the job while away. I always give the van a through clean with the house Dyson when we get home I have a second Dyson light weight for using upstairs , this would be Ok in van if you have somewhere to keep it (Garage) as the handle retracts, cost over £100.00 in Tesco, but got it cheaper using vouchers

PJay

I have bought a Vax stick vacuum, it is like a dust buster that is in an upright case. you charge it on 240V but it works well. I use it in the house on ceramic flooring and carpet and it picks up the day to day debris. I bought it primarily to take away in the motorhome, but I find myself using it for the before and after cleanup too.

Not sure if it will last years mind, but for the price, its was worth it. Got it from Groupon.

The G-Tech is good-we got a package of Upright & hand held job -use the upright at home and the Hand Held when travelling. Little space needed and charges up quicly. Suction is very good too-try this link to view it

Mike

http://www.gtech.co.uk/cordless-vacuum-cleaners/multi-cordless-hand-held-vacuum.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwsOKpBRCDtfOnzaDg3HsSJAAJ2ojiM3nnvZW4TxB2LSQ8ybu4q7mTRwu8kM7QpzdOvTI1ahoCgKrw_wcB

I finally gave up on 12v and rechargeables, the batteries are more expensive than a new cleaner and the 12v ones not powerful enough. Went for a small cheap mains cleaner, ok only for use on EHU, but fine for us, and really powerful :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AEG-AG71a-RapidClean-Handheld-Cleaner/dp/B00F3U1R4A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429815166&sr=8-1&keywords=aeg+vacuum+cleaner+ag71a

Works well for us. and at £45, not expensive. Ray

we have 2 labradors who could 'Moult for Britain'.

If this helps ? I was using my handheld Dyson Animal yesterday in the van, I only use it at home as it with its tools and charger are cumbersome! I also find that it's hard on my arthritic fingers having to keep your finger on the trigger all the time.

So considering the cost Expensive! Ease of use for me Not , I would look for something cheaper you can afford to replace when it gets less efficient.

Colin Leake - 2015-04-23 7:29 PM

May I respectively point out you ment to say vacuume cleaner not Hoover. Many years ago I worked for,Hotpoint in the factory where amongst other things they made vacuume cleaners. Referring to a vacuume cleaner as a Hoover there never went down very well.

VACUUM

Guest Had Enough
Dave C - 2015-04-24 2:16 PM

Colin Leake - 2015-04-23 7:29 PM

May I respectively point out you ment to say vacuume cleaner not Hoover. Many years ago I worked for,Hotpoint in the factory where amongst other things they made vacuume cleaners. Referring to a vacuume cleaner as a Hoover there never went down very well.

VACUUM

Quite right. But he does have a valid point. When I was in the Civil Service and worked in MADA (the Ministry of Appellations for Domestic Appliances) the HOPS (that's the Head Of Pedantry Section) would get apoplectic if anyone didn't use the correct term and used Hoover and Jacuzzi for instance as generic names.

Do that once and your career was finished. I inadvertently used 'Winnebago' to describe any large American RV and was suspended for a week.

Regrettably standards have slipped since my time and today people just don't care about the correct usage of brand names.

Mike B. - 2015-04-23 8:23 PM

The G-Tech is good-we got a package of Upright & hand held job -use the upright at home and the Hand Held when travelling. Little space needed and charges up quicly. Suction is very good too-try this link to view it

Mike

http://www.gtech.co.uk/cordless-vacuum-cleaners/multi-cordless-hand-held-vacuum.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwsOKpBRCDtfOnzaDg3HsSJAAJ2ojiM3nnvZW4TxB2LSQ8ybu4q7mTRwu8kM7QpzdOvTI1ahoCgKrw_wcB

Thanks to all for the input and also the links. On reflection, I think that the G-Tech should fit the bill, both on space and price. Now to find a cheap one on fleabay!!

Archived