Simple security

Dave Newell

Hi all I've discovered a very simple little trick with the Ducato/Boxer/Relay vans that I thought might be useful to a few owners. It applies to the "flat top dash" models ('94-2001ish). My problem is how to let those of you with these vans know about it without telling those who we don't want to know. My answer is to e-mail the info to anyone who can PM me a request with their username and a valid e-mail address (I won't send it to any webmail accounts such as Hotmail for instance) from here. It really is a simple little trick which will cost less than £1, (I'm not charging for the info but you may need to buy something) takes 30 seconds to set up but MIGHT just prevent your 'van being nicked. If you have the current model with the instruments in a binnacle then please don't ask because I don't know yet if it applies to those models. Only models with the flat topped dash are covered as yet. D.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SORRY !!!!!! If that was the best reply to a veteran who was only trying to give advice and assistance to others on this forum, you should not have replied at all. The man is well known in M/H circles and your reply was disrespectful. Before putting mouth into gear, make sure brain is switched on!!!!!!! John 8-)

Its OK guys, It does look a bit like a scam message. If it's any help Sshortcircuit you can verify I am bona fide by visiting my website. Either way up I don't care that much. If this little bit of info might be of use to you then contact me otherwise don't. So simple isn't it. *-) *-) D. P.S. Nobody got this message as an e-mail, I rthink SS was just using a common phrase to describe dodgy e-mails/messages. .

[QUOTE]John NG5 - 2006-10-15 10:56 AM SORRY !!!!!! If that was the best reply to a veteran who was only trying to give advice and assistance to others on this forum, you should not have replied at all. The man is well known in M/H circles and your reply was disrespectful. Before putting mouth into gear, make sure brain is switched on!!!!!!! John 8-)[/QUOTE] A bit btouchy on this forum. I would not have known the author from Adam. Perhaps the mouth in gear should be considered by yourself

Now now boys, an honest misunderstanding I'm sure. Sshortcircuit, if the trick I'm taking about applies to your vehicle then I'm quite happy to pass it on. I just didn't want to do it publicly because then it would be there for all and sundry to see. Its such an easy little doo dah that I didn't want to make it too public hence my original posting. I admit it does sound like one of the scam messages that one sometimes comes across. The one big difference is that 2 minutes searching for my web name on google would show you that I'm just about as genuine as you get. What do I gain from knowing your e-mail adress? Well I could spam you but seeing as I'm open about who I am and where I am I'd soon be closed down. As I said earlier I don't really care veery much either way whether you are interested or not, its your choice. :-D :-D :-D D.

Hi Dave, I've got a Hotmail account as I got cheesed off with all the spam you get on Outlook express. Also when I changed over from dial up with NTL they also cancelled my E.Mail account. I have tried loads of times to get it re-activated but they are a waste of time. Does that mean you won't let me have this info' as I have a 1999 Ducato Rapido 710f and am as genuine as you are. If not you wouldn't be reading this post. How can I get the info'. Perhaps you could sent it to me in a PM. Thanks.

OK Dave, point taken. Apologies to SShortcircuit. This is a forum for making friends and aquaintances, exchanging views and obtaining info and advice from those older ( I don't mean older in a nasty sense ) and wiser. Keep up the good work. John 8-)

Archived