Location of jack, Rapido motorhome

eddie5060

Hi

Picked up my 2003 Rapido 785F on a Ducato 2.8 JTD chassis last week and forgot to ask where the jack and wheel brace is located on the handover. I have scoured the handbook and all it says it is located near the seats. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Guest Joe90
eddie5060 - 2015-04-24 8:50 AM

Hi

Picked up my 2003 Rapido 785F on a Ducato 2.8 JTD chassis last week and forgot to ask where the jack and wheel brace is located on the handover. I have scoured the handbook and all it says it is located near the seats. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

I too have a Rapido of a similar model, I can only advise you to stop looking and buy a bottle jack, having once attempted to use the Fiat offering, I'd sooner play Russian roulette, although the one I bought at the time of this post is currently out of stock it is brilliant, and will allow for jacking from a flat tyre to getting the wheel off the ground.

As for the wheel brace again I'd advise obtaining a suitable socket and a decent length bar, something you can stand on with your whole body weight, you'll be able to shift the wheel nuts then, rather than your nuts

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/hydraulic-jacks/bottle-jacks/bj8-8-ton-hydraulic-bottle-jack

eddie5060 - 2015-04-24 8:50 AM

...forgot to ask where the jack and wheel brace is located on the handover...

As you rightly say, the handbook for an X244 Ducato just advises that “The tools are in the cab near the seats”.

I’d look in the seat bases (where the tools should be on current model Ducatos), within a floor compartment either in front of the passenger seat (as Will suggests) or in one of the door wells, or anywhere else in the vehicle.

Even if Fiat provided a dedicated location for an X244 Ducato’s tool kit, there’s absolutely no guarantee that a previous owner won’t have relocated the kit elsewhere. And, of course, the kit may have been ‘lost’ during the last 12 years.

Archived