Peloponnese and bikes

richard60

Must say that I don't recall seeing many/any Greeks riding bikes, in all our wanderings to the mainland and Greek islands. They all seem to have battered old cars and what i would called souped up lawn mowers, pulling a carts.Maybe things have changed since we where last there

PJay

Thanks for reply...don't expect many locals use bikes...but really for us to save taking the van out if there are sites or shopping within easy striking distance of camp....no point in taking them all that way if we don't use them......

Very few, if any, dedicated cycle paths, we rode on roads which were usually a bit rough so not the best of fun. Its also fairly hilly, so depends on how much you really want to ride.

We used ours a few times but to be honest not sure we would take them there again, unless we had the battery versions :)

Cycle hire is available in most resorts, so if staying in a single location for any length of time, hire for day or 1/2 day to restock provisions would be a viable option if campsite isn't close. IMHO I wouldn't risk expensive e-bikes on a lot of their rural roads (that may have deteriorated further due to their current economic situation)

Archived