Hymer Starline 700 Colour Code

BKen1

Can any Hymer owners help, my friend is having his Hab.door repaired and he needs the (white ) colour code number, he has tried Hymer UK with no joy and want to contact the factory in Germany but cant find contact details...or is there another option to get the color code.

He has looked under the bonnet for the ID Plate and again no joy.

Thank in advance

Brian K

Where you find the Serial Number depends on the age. On modern vans it's on a sticker to the rear of the habitation door but it could be on a metal platre inside.

Getting a colour match with a veicle which is weathered is often tricky and professional spary people use a spectrometer gadget of some sort, so they hold it over the colour they want to match and this gadget comes up with a number. That method might get you a better result than any other.

Hymer have stopped all their direct response avenues for customers and you have to make enquiries through dealers. UK Hymers delers aren't always interested in helping either.

Guest Had Enough

The above is my experience. With a car, a body shop can look under the bonnet and find a plate with the correct colour code.

For my Hymer my local guy had to send off a small section of my bodywork, which he was able to unscrew, and send to his paint supplier. They determined the correct shade and formula using a spectrometer (or spectrophotometer?) after which they mixed a special batch.

Hymer does not appear to have the colour-matching system available on cars, nor do they supply cans of touch-up paint.

What shade of white? According to Hymer, Carrara White has no colour code as it is a Hymer mix. It may be that other shades do not. I posted on Hymer's Facebook page to get the information.

I contacted Chris at Premier Motors and gave him the chassis number [you can give him the Hymer number] and he looked up the paint part and ordered it for me. My ID plate is just behind the rear wheel on the driver side.

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Hymer-Carrera-White-paint/37476/

Archived