MK 6 or 7 Tranny?.......

Guest pelmetman

There is indeed a metal tube running behind the dashboard of Mk 6 and Mk 7 Transits and electrical cabling can certainly be in contact with that tube. But the chances of the cabling in contact with the tube being abraded sufficiently to cause a fire have got to be roughly the same as the chances of me getting a date with Angelina Jolie - possible but extremely unlikely.

Anyway, I’ve checked with the internet source that’s known to be most reliable about such things (Transit-related fires, not dates with Angelina) and the Mumsnet consensus is that there’s nothing to worry about.

(Incidentally, I saw a Travelhome parked in the street in Ross-on-Wye yesterday. It wasn’t yours by any chance, as there can’t be too many around?)

Guest pelmetman
Derek Uzzell - 2015-04-26 8:00 AM

There is indeed a metal tube running behind the dashboard of Mk 6 and Mk 7 Transits and electrical cabling can certainly be in contact with that tube. But the chances of the cabling in contact with the tube being abraded sufficiently to cause a fire have got to be roughly the same as the chances of me getting a date with Angelina Jolie - possible but extremely unlikely.

Anyway, I’ve checked with the internet source that’s known to be most reliable about such things (Transit-related fires, not dates with Angelina) and the Mumsnet consensus is that there’s nothing to worry about.

(Incidentally, I saw a Travelhome parked in the street in Ross-on-Wye yesterday. It wasn’t yours by any chance, as there can’t be too many around?)

Just thought I'd flag it up Derek .............Apparently it'll only take a few seconds to check.......

Some of the posters seem'd to think Mr Ford is not treating these cab fires seriously :-S .........

BTW not us, we rarely do much touring in the UK now days :-|.....Although I'm using Horace as my delivery vehicle at the moment, as Fanny's snagging has become quite time consuming :-S ........and the bill's gone up by 1500 quid 8-)...........

Archived