Heathrow Parking??

PeteH

Hi

It`s years since I used to work in / around Heathrow. can anyone suggest somewhere to park a Motor-home (7.4M) for a few Hours? whilst we collect two Grand-kids, Flying in from the USA

Don`t mind paying Reasonable. just need a few Hours Parking up whilst We Go into T5 and collect them

Pete

I often park over nite at Heathrow before early pickups in London . I suggest there is no problem parking off the A4 westbound by the shell garage/ macdonalds the road is no thru ( only buses) also the local police use the garage to fill up , so a police presenceLOL spent good nights kip in van there in fact there are a couple of airport hotels on this road could I suggest maybe your grand children catch the courtesy bus to these hotels then no problem picking them up from there ?

Hi

Interesting thought. However they are travelling as "unaccompanied minors" so have to be (almost) signed for!. Which means one of us (Me) must go in and meet them and have I-D etc. before they will be released into our custody.

I will look at the area on google earth and see what it looks like.

Thanks

Pete

Parking a motor home in or around Heathrow can be a bit of a problem. Also it depends how you intend to get from said parking to the terminal.

There is some parking at the visitors centre but I wouldn't like to try getting a motor home in there. There is on street parking at Mertle Avenue just across from Hatton Cross tube station. However there is no guarantee you could get a space.

There is a car park at the Runnymede leisure park. It's about 15 minutes from the terminals and I guess you could get a taxi to pick you up. Cost is 1.50 per hour with 6.00 buying you an all day ticket. You get nice views of departing (or arriving aircraft dependant on the wind direction) aircraft and can take a walk along the river. There are toilets and a small cafe on site too. Gates close at 8pm.

Hope that helps.

Keith

Try this lot they will take you to the correct terminal then back out to m/home. They charge for the privilege but they are a commercial business and it could take a lot of worry of your mind.

www.purpleparking.com>

docted

Contact one of the Hotels and ask if you can park there and use their courtesy transport both into Terminal 5 and out again, we did something similar last year and the cost was minimal. I cannot remember which hotel it was but the minor road also had easy parking so we could have used a nearby hotel bus. Its usual to pay a couple of pounds for the privilege but I guess its also insurance cover.

Will

Hi Guys.

Thanks For all the Suggestions However it now appears that their Dad is going to bring them over. And I have to go out to sell the R-V. so we are looking at Me accompanying them back.

Thanks again

Pete

Archived