Newbie -- Swift Escape 624 questions / answers?

AWP

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
flicka - 2015-05-04 11:43 PM

Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but there will more information regarding the Escape range & 624 model specific on the swift forum.

http://www.swift-talk.co.uk/forum

You will have to register, but membership is free & you don't need to be a Swift owner. Then go to the motorhome section.

Yes l already joined SwiftTalk forum and asking the same help / advise questions over the last few days, but again only two replies so far - maybe not so many Escapes in the field after all?

My latest post request on SwiftTalk pasted below:

Hi Everyone....

I am still so very keen to get as many of you Swift Escape MH owners out there to reply, to try and get a better ratio of MH in the field - GOOD and BAD regarding damp / rot issues? YES keen to buy a 2010 /2011 /2012 Swift Escape 624, but want to better understand the risk of damp in Escape first ( since the Sundance historical issues).

Cheers, Allan

lennyhb - 2015-04-30 10:18 PM

Brock - 2015-04-30 6:21 PM

People like me buy German because my first UK van [Elddis] started to fall apart after two years, my subsequent two Swifts both had water ingress and both lasted two years before frustration with build quality got the better of me. These were in the 90s.

I had my first German van for five years without any build problems and no water ingress [changed to celebrate our silver wedding]. My next I had for 8 years with no build problems or water ingress [changed to celebrate retirement]. Thirteen years of using a well built van with no water ingress is why I won't touch a UK van other than possibly an Auto Sleeper [layouts don't suit us]. UK vans are undoubtedly far better than in the 90s and there are many happy owners. Yet I cannot see any overriding reason for me to get one. Other people's experiences will be different.

That sums it up well John, why anyone would throw away 50 -100 grand on British crap is beyond me, they can't even produce proper Motorhomes (A-Class).

Hymer have been using the PUAL construction method they inherited since they took over N&B in the 90's still one of the best methods of constructing Motorhomes, and even if there was any water ingress with this method it would be unlikely to cause any damage.

If only European made vans produced a layout that we could 'live with' but after years of looking they hav'nt . So we stick with our Autotrail . problems : Hab door on 'wrong' side, not a deal breaker, but annoying.No indoor lounging space, Beds placed too high for easy access without climbing .Very spartan equipped kitchens. No (or very few) True 2 berths, they always seem to 'cram in' extra berths and travel seats,at the expense of comfort and lounging space. Quite happy with the ' Quality and water tightness' of the 3 British vans I have owned over 12 years. 1 x Autosleeper, 1x Autocruise CH (our best made van), 1x Autotrail. As for A-class vans, there is another thread about that. RS is a British maker, but not in large volume admittedly.

Archived