Auto Trail Tracker RB

I have a new (two weeks old) Auto Trail Tracker RB. It is just what we want. However, I have discovered that if the shower is used, there is a substantial leak through the floor discharging under the motorhome onto the ground. I have tested the system and it is not the waste connection. It is the hot / cold water supply that leaks after use. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

I am concerned about what long term damage may have been caused due to the floor being soaked.

Chris, as the van is only two weeks old, the only sound advice must be to take it straight back to the supplying dealer pronto. If there is a leak, you must do this in order to mitigate any possible damage. My suspicion is that there is an open drain valve on the water heater that the dealer has not explained on handover. However, in either event, it is for him to rectify.

On the top water connection (hot water flow) of the Combi boiler there is a plastic elbow which has a second outlet - this is the safety valve which vents through the floor. I wonder if this is opening up and venting through the floor following a large draw off of hot water, i.e. following a shower. This should't happen and needs to go back to the dealer to check it out.

Alan

• 3 weeks later...

The dealer says that they have solved the issue. Apparently it was a leaking push fit joint. The hot and cold feeds to the shower were also the wrong way round.

I am still concerned that having had water passing through the floor, there may be a long term issue, which Could affect my 4 week old MH.

A couple of things - where was the water running out under the floor, i.e. under the shower area ? under the rear bed ?

In the RB is the combi boiler fitted within the base of the transverse island bed ?

I am only asking so that you can track down whether you think the dealer is throwing you a line. If the water was a substantial leak as you say you should have been able to see the water running somewhere inside the motorhome before it escaped through the floor presumably through a drop vent. If it was coming out from under the floor of the shower tray it would have been difficult for the dealer to have dried out under the tray.

Alan

cleddytanhouse - 2015-05-17 10:21 PM

The dealer says that they have solved the issue. Apparently it was a leaking push fit joint. The hot and cold feeds to the shower were also the wrong way round.

I am still concerned that having had water passing through the floor, there may be a long term issue, which Could affect my 4 week old MH.

Archived