Navigation system in Autotrail Comanche

Annie T

Hi, we have yet to master the sat nav in our Comanche and the book we have with instructions is useless.

Earlier in the week I found a forum which contained a link to the instruction booklet which was very helpful. Unfortunately I looked at this on my Google App which , since one of its updates, only keeps the history for a short time and now I can't find it. That'll teach me to write these things down!!

I have spent ages going through the forums but can't find the link can anyone please point me in the right direction??

Thanks

Ann

Hi. I have a new Auto Trail Tracker with the Tom Tom nav built in. I also have a stand alone Tom Tom. The built in one will ignore the size of your motorhome and possibly send you down unsuitable roads. I ran both last week to compare and the stand alone one, which has the actual size of the motorhome in its settings was fine, the built in one tried to send me down very narrow lanes!!!!!

...if, as Ray says, you have the earlier IGO8 based version, then the download here (English after the German) should help:

http://www.acr.ch/uploads/media/ZE-NC514_ZE-NC524_Navi_DE_EN.pdf

IGO is customisable by installation, so there may be a few detail differences, but the fundamentals should be the same.

If you have the later (IGO Primo based) version, then I can also probably point you at something that helps.

I'm one of the ones that thinks the IGO software is about the best around. ;-)

cleddytanhouse - 2015-05-02 11:38 AM

Hi. I have a new Auto Trail Tracker with the Tom Tom nav built in. I also have a stand alone Tom Tom. The built in one will ignore the size of your motorhome and possibly send you down unsuitable roads. I ran both last week to compare and the stand alone one, which has the actual size of the motorhome in its settings was fine, the built in one tried to send me down very narrow lanes!!!!!

Hi Chris

What TT have you got , that allows you to put the size in , please?

PJay

My Tomtom is a Go Live 1005. It is now around 18 months old and there may be a newer version. I added the motorhome map as an extra for £80.

It allows you to select car, caravan, van or motorhome mode and also include height, width, length and weight of the motorhome. It is so easy to use and change from car to motorhome with one touch of the screen.

Hope this helps.

Chris

cleddytanhouse - 2015-05-02 1:40 PM

My Tomtom is a Go Live 1005. It is now around 18 months old and there may be a newer version. I added the motorhome map as an extra for £80.

It allows you to select car, caravan, van or motorhome mode and also include height, width, length and weight of the motorhome. It is so easy to use and change from car to motorhome with one touch of the screen.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Thats mine too, the Go Live 1005, with the camper 'add ons' POI's. It can STILL send you down unsuitable lanes though, as no actual 'Survey' of our minor roads has been done by ANY sat-nav mapping organisation, (as say, Google Earth has done). What it does try to do is keep you on known routes, that doesn't have 'Notified restrictions' like low bridges, weight limits etc., so mainly Main roads.

Think that the 'New' models are the 5000 or 6000 models but know little about them. Ray

Archived