Wind Blockers

Buds

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm at a loss. I purchased a set of windblockers ( with the waterproof membranes) from the Peterborough show ( Lillypad Leisure) and used them last weekend. They kind of worked a treat ( I'f you remember to drop the waterproof membranes down when raining), but the sprung poles kept slipping from inside the awning cassette. Does anyone have a picture of how they are supposed to fit?. The website is not much help, I'm hoping one of you lovely people will tell me the best way to keep the poles up and avoid black streaks caused by slipping sprung poles.

Thanks in advance.

Guest pelmetman

I have the old clothes prop type, and found if I removed the rubber thing from the thin end it would fit nicely in a space between my Fiamma leg and the plastic bit on the end..... the camper end seems to stay in place, although I often wrap the edge of the awning around the rod and clamp it in place with spring loaded clamps ;-)

I gave up on the versions supplied by Liilyad Leisure. Any kind of wind (and remember its a windblocker we are discussing) the darn things kept slipping down. When in Spain I bought some secondhand Thule /Omnistor sprung tensioning poles - the kind that keep the awning rigid and are designed to fit in lugs in the blind part and the main body of the awning. They were expensive even secondhand but worked incredibly well.

I still have these as well as a front and side of a windblocker but no longer have a motorhome.

Hi

There should be 2 red caps that fit inside the awning, van side, that have white tack on, the pole fits into these, if the pole is tight it should not slip.. Used ours for a few years now with no trouble, blocks out the wind, but would not leave it out in a gale.. We also bought the tie down straps for it which is good for strong winds.. Can put it up and take it down in a matter of minutes and of course is extremely light..

But the main reason for us is, we eat out at night inside the wind blocker and it keeps out the bugs etc .

Do the red cups fit to the side of the van or inside the awning cassette housing?

Sorry Dumb question but someone has to ask it..

Thanks for the replies so far...

Next Question, with the design of the awning, would the cup sit on the end of the arm assembly, as this is the only place the poles seem to sit. By putting them on the awning arm end, will the awning still fold home all the way..

Sorry....

PeteH - 2015-05-07 5:34 AM

HI

I`ve seen these at shows. How effective are they. ?

(L-L had a shop En-Route from (My) home to the M62, but I note it`s Now empty)

Pete.

Hi Pete, I've only used it once, seems to do the job very well. Just have to figure out the pole issue.

Archived