Elddis Accordo electrics

I bought a new Accordo 125 in June 2014 but have experienced problems with the 12 volt charger/supply unit and a Yuasa leisure battery which was supplied with the Motorhome. We have had two failed charger units and the leisure battery literally went into meltdown as it generated a huge amount of heat. We were lucky to avoid a fire and a valuable lesson was learnt - do not leave the 240 cable plugged in overnight. A huge amount of heat was generated in the battery compartment and it was possible to hear the battery bubbling!

These problems started just before Christmas when we were planning to go away. Just as we were ready to catch a ferry last month it all went wrong again. The dealer we purchased the unit from is in the north and we have struggled to get the matter resolved down here near Gatwick.

The response from Elddis has been very disappointing and we still don't know what Is causing the charger unit to fail. Furthermore I have extensive experience of using leisure batteries and I have never had one boil on me.

Has anyone out there had similar problems.

We bought ours in July and have had the EHU connected all winter with no problems. Ours is the Accordo 105 though.

Seems like your charger is sticking on bulk charge mode. You need a new charger fitting under warranty. We're having a new whale water heater when we get home, stopped working on gas.

• 5 months later...
Hi, we have an Elddis Aspire 255 2012 and lived in it for nine months and left it on hook up for that time, no problems what so ever. I would check the voltage when it is on charge it should be around 13.5/13.8 much higher than that it will cause the battery to start gassing. Although with our solar panels the battery will rise to 14.4 volts but the batteries work fine. When we got first got the van new in 2012 it came with one 100 leisure battery. I fitted two 110 amp one's as a matched pair and both are still fine.

TrevR - 2015-10-12 8:56 AM

I will be leaving our 2015 Accordo 140 on EHU overnight tonight for the first time and we'll see how that goes.

Just to report that there were no problems with our battery (Yuasa 100 amp) at all.

Archived