Chausson drop down bed

Wulls

OK.....newbie here.

Considering buying a chausson flash 22 with a drop down bed only to find a weight limit sticker of 150 kg prominently displayed.

Is this normal ?????

Hate to admit it but my wife & I beat 150kg by a fair margin.

Are all drop down beds out or just chausson.

Cheers,

Wulls.

It's stopped raining so just nipped out to the van. Weight limit on my Hymer's drop down cab bed is 200kg.

You all need to consider how broad you are! Our last Hymer bed was a touch on the narrow side because of the curved windscreen.

You may wish to check on the actual position of the bed when in the dropped position. Chausson offer on some models a 2 position bed. The first is at about waist height while the 2nd is on top of the lounge cushions. I can see the 1st position having a weight limit as the only thing holding it up are the cables/screws of the lowering mechism, but if it rests on the settee cushions then weight should not be an issue.

I admit I have looked at these, but shied away as i am loathe to clamber up a ladder into bed. However, I may use it as a grandchild bed and keep the island bed at the rear to my selfish selves.

Brock - 2015-05-06 2:57 PM

Drop down beds will have weight restriction on them. 150kg is low compared to say Hymer but may reflect how the bed is installed.

Maybe the French like to think they are more petite than the Germans. :-D

The Chausson Flash 22’s drop-down bed was discussed in some depth about a month ago

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/modifying-drop-down-bed/37896/

I don’t know if it’s practicable for ‘Wulls’ to contact ‘brewster’ (who owned the motorhome) via the forum’s PM feature as she only posted once and her last forum logon was on 11 April. An email address was provided, but I’ve no idea if it’s valid.

Thanks for the replies.

It is a great pity but we are still looking.

I simply cannot take a chance on this bed arrangement.

150kg is exceptionally low to expect two adults to add up to.

Shame , the van was otherwise a good layout.

I notice that the Chausson Flash 22’s 150kg ‘bed weight’ limit has been asked about on French motorhome forums, with comments that 2 adults can easily weigh more than that and it must have cost Chausson sales.

This 2013 review of a Chausson Titanium 10

http://www.vanomobil.be/upload/pers/Guide%20d'achat%20Chausson%20Titanium%2010.pdf

indicates that the weight limit for that model’s electrically-operated drop-down bed was 230kg.

Archived