Parking up in London

hello

If you fit within the markings and you have paid whatever charge is on the meter you will be OK. If you are in some areas you will need a visitor's scratch card if you are not a resident. Be very careful to stay within bay markings and do not exceed the time....the wardens are extremely active!

Guest Peter James
Unfortunately, London Councils apparently see parking fees and fines on visitors as a more pragmatic way of raising revenue than council tax on residents. (Presumably because the residents vote them into their cushy jobs, wheras visitors have no vote there). Hence the Council Tax on Buckingham Palace is less than the Council tax on a 3 bed semi in poor areas of the country.

Guest Peter James
It can be done though. The Councils have been thwarted in their attempt to extend charges to Sundays and Bank Holidays (lol)

What's Buckingham Palace got to do with parking? The warden's don't know whether you are a visitor from outside the borough or live nearby...if you choose to ignore the restrictions and get fined it's OK by me because it helps keep my council tax down. :-D

Guest Peter James
Muswell - 2015-05-06 5:20 PM

What's Buckingham Palace got to do with parking? The warden's don't know whether you are a visitor from outside the borough or live nearby...if you choose to ignore the restrictions and get fined it's OK by me because it helps keep my council tax down. :-D

People who live in the borough are less likely to fall foul of the parking regulations for reasons that should be obvious.

Hi

Good reason NOT to ever go to London?. Even on Deliveries in the (very) early morning the "Yellow Perils" where active!!.

Never could find any good reason to want to be there, once I retired. Nothing there you cant find "North of Watford Gap" (and Cheaper!!).

Pete

Guest pelmetman
vindiboy - 2015-05-06 8:10 PM

Are you aware of the congestion and emission zones also ?

I reckon there should be a charge for folk to leave London :D ..........Which should be given to those North of the Watford Gap ;-) ................

Archived