Dogs and vans

Barcobird

Hi Everyone :-D

Ok got drawn in, we love our little pooch which is the reason looking to get / have MH holidays in the future so we can take her with us and pick up the poo

:-D along the way.

My wife would never leave Millie the Dog in the van, due to heat and risk of being stolen, which I agree with.

Don't let FRANK wind you up, just smile :-D , I hit 60 (ahhhhh!) last sept and still a keen kitesurfer hence the other reason to get a MH. On the main kitesurf forum I use we had / have our very own FRANK who use to like to wind people up - got banned at least twice but sneaks back under other names aswell :-D

Sorry if you are not FRANK..... :-D

If the OP really is that well known of many aliases? Then think of what a sad individual he must be? Craving the notoriety of this forum. He needs a good friendly companion , I recommend a sleepy Great Dane, just the right size for a Behemoth of a Hymer.And loves to drool over the upholstery.And you need a snow shovel for the poo. Enjoy!

This thread has been moderated. Please keep it civil and do not engage in abusing other forum posters. The initial post was not offensive, but parts of subsequent postings from the OP have crossed the line and been subsequently removed. Please do not get into an argument about whether this is the return of Frank. Any further transgressions and the thread will be frozen.

Good morning campers :-D

I seem to have caused a bit of a stir with my observations which as a newbie was far from my intentions.

About 18 months ago my wife and I decided motor homing may be an interesting hobby/pastime for when we retire, which is getting perilously close. Not one to jump in with both feet I decided to investigate first. I subscribed to MMM for a year and we decided to rent before we bought. Being residents of the ALGARVE for the last 23 years we hired a motorhome in Faro.

On our travels we noticed that it seemed almost compulsory to have a dog, not just Brits but Germans French, all nationalities, so we just wondered why?

To me it seemed to be a fairly innocuous question and my apologies to anyone who thought I might be having a dig or stirring up what I can now see is a delicate subject.

I think it also unfair that a newbie to the site should be branded as a "Frank" and acting improperly, you haven't exactly made me feel welcome :'(

Perhaps your curiosity is now satisfied? Folk choose motorhomes for a free and easy lifestyle, a lot of them, a very high proportion actually, also happen to be Dog owners (after all you cannot take the dog on a package holiday? can you.) And with a motorhome or a caravan the 'whole' family can have a holiday together, including the Dog or Dogs.

Rayjsj - 2015-05-09 9:55 AM

Perhaps your curiosity is now satisfied? Folk choose motorhomes for a free and easy lifestyle, a lot of them, a very high proportion actually, also happen to be Dog owners (after all you cannot take the dog on a package holiday? can you.) And with a motorhome or a caravan the 'whole' family can have a holiday together, including the Dog or Dogs.

Thank you, probably the first most straightforward and to the point answer I have received. :-)

Guest pelmetman
Barcobird - 2015-05-09 9:41 AM

I think it also unfair that a newbie to the site should be branded as a "Frank" and acting improperly, you haven't exactly made me feel welcome :'(

Well apologies from me if I gave that impression ;-) ...............Unfortunately you joined after a recent eviction of a actual Frank...... who had been evicted before......so you see the regulars are seeing Franks everywhere 8-) ............. the mods are usually very tolerant of what us inmates get up to :D ..........

A belated welcome to the asylum from me :-D ...........

pelmetman - 2015-05-09 10:35 AM

Barcobird - 2015-05-09 9:41 AM

Well apologies from me if I gave that impression ;-) ...............Unfortunately you joined after a recent eviction of a actual Frank...... who had been evicted before......so you see the regulars are seeing Franks everywhere 8-) ............. the mods are usually very tolerant of what us inmates get up to :D ..........

A belated welcome to the asylum from me :-D ...........

Thank you :-)

Archived