Hello. We're new

dgro76

Hi all,

Whilst dusting off the cobwebs on our 1987 'homebrew' T25 ready for the summer, we thought it would be a good idea to pop up the road to Webbs in Warminster to buy a new step, water carrier and some larger cups for our 2 year old daughter as she's grown somewhat larger since last summer.

We came home having put a deposit on a 2005 Lunar Roadstar 726 (rear lounge, 6 birth on a Ducato 2.8) which we finally pick up this Saturday. We're obviously very excited and will be spending our first night away on Saturday at the Stonehenge Camp site and also have some longer UK trips already planned.

I found the sales experience quite different to what I'm used to; 98% focus on the habitation and the remainder on a presumption that it will magically drive down the road. I almost felt guilty asking to look under the bonnet! It's a 30k miles machine and the first thing I pushed for was to have the cam job done as part of the service. Comparing other vans I was also surprised at how rusty the sumps seem to get... I know my way around an engine but clueless when it comes to all the gadgets in the rear. Scanning the roof I also noted the previous owner took their TV aerial with them, leaving what seems to be the base and a cut wire poking above it (somewhere for the water to get in I guess and the first thing I'll be sorting)

Anyway, just saying 'Hello' before I start asking advice.

Dave (& Family)

Thanks all.

Well we survived our first night away and had a great great time, with the only tweak needed being to sorting out the flashing light from the smoke alarm which we only began to notice in the dinette at around midnight. The site was lovely, small, and well equipped.

Very happy with the service so far from our dealer. They had replaced/repaired items which we hadn't even picked up on. This included a new set of tyres and wheel trims - we didn't think there was anything wrong with the old ones! We had also noticed that the previous owners had taken the aerial with them (not a big deal to us so didn't even mention it), so to discover they had installed a new one with a new booster was a surprise. They've also been over the van and "re-sealed" everything. Makes for a slightly smarter appearance.

I have a couple of questions which you might be able to shed some light...

1. How often should the water heater be drained down? I did it yesterday just to see how it worked but am wondering if this needs to happen after every trip in the summer?

2. Is turbo whine usually audible on the ducato 2.8? Initially I thought 'blimey, that's loud', but after driving it back to the storage site I think I had got used to it

Dave

Archived