Hymer 522 rear indicator bulb

hallii

Remove the lamp unit they are Socket Cap screws so you will need the right size Allen key , once off remove the bulb holder metal strip that is held in place with Torx head screws, I think you need a T16 driver, then you can replace the bulbs.

I believe that a Hymer Van 522’s rear lights are as shown in the attached photo.

I don’t know how to remove a cover to replace a bulb. If there are no retaining screws the cover must unscrew or be held in place with some sort of clip. Whatever retention method is used, it must provide a weatherproof seal. (Presumably there’s nothing that can be undone behind the rear ‘bumper’ panel?)

513886946_HymerVan522.jpg.5cff6a7d6798ed19e808c9542e04c80a.jpg

I would suspect they are as Derek's picture.

If so, there is a good chance they are the Hella units pictured below (it's not a combination unit, but individual lights simply overlapped for the picture).

If so, then logically there are only two ways of entering the unit, but the picture doesn't make it clear which.

Either the front lens removes with the three screws at the front of the unit, or the back of the unit removes by means of the two m6 bolts shown.

From the diagram, since the lens screws appear to be within the overall diameter of the unit, I would guess the lens removes, but that is by no means a given.

21907374_lights522.JPG.d99d08f33d11f9b341b6ba0d954539ed.JPG

If it is the type illustrated in Derek' photo, they look like the ones fitted to Swift Bolero. Each lamp is held in position into the rear light carrier with the use of lugs and a metal catch. The metal catch is positioned at the bottom of the lamp when in position in the carrier.

Using a thin screwdriver push the catch away from the light carrier and carefully pull the light away from the carrier, ensuring the catch is held away from the carrier whilst doing so.

Hope this helps

2053640020_rearlight.JPG.c958ae886e618098c32cd2b01d0cf2a5.JPG

Derek Uzzell - 2015-05-09 8:19 AM

I believe that a Hymer Van 522’s rear lights are as shown in the attached photo.

I don’t know how to remove a cover to replace a bulb. If there are no retaining screws the cover must unscrew or be held in place with some sort of clip. Whatever retention method is used, it must provide a weatherproof seal. (Presumably there’s nothing that can be undone behind the rear ‘bumper’ panel?)

Those are the ones Derek, thanks

H

JohnP - 2015-05-09 9:53 AM

If it is the type illustrated in Derek' photo, they look like the ones fitted to Swift Bolero. Each lamp is held in position into the rear light carrier with the use of lugs and a metal catch. The metal catch is positioned at the bottom of the lamp when in position in the carrier.

Using a thin screwdriver push the catch away from the light carrier and carefully pull the light away from the carrier, ensuring the catch is held away from the carrier whilst doing so.

Hope this helps

Well done John, I will rush out now and have a go again. I actually took the whole carrier panel off and still couldn't see how to do it! Mind you I took the panel off so I could repair the cracks I made clipping a Frenchman's M/H bumper, he was quite OK about it and simply waved me off, there was only a scuff on his, mine, being made of recycled yoghourt pots, simply cracked and bits fell off :$

H

Archived