Question for Garmin Camper 760LMT-D owners

Bulletguy

Does anyone know if the Camper 760 displays trip mileage total and elapsed mileage?

i've had my Camper 760 satnav a couple of weeks now and cannot find anything in the unit settings or the manual. It's a feature which most TomToms have so i'm disappointed if Garmin units don't as i find this feature very useful.

Dizzied - 2015-05-08 8:25 PM

Hi,

If you press the speed icon when your on the map view it should bring up the trip statistics with all sorts of info including trip counters.

Hope this helps

Thanks....i'll give it a go and see. Hopefully it stays fixed on though and is not just a temporary display.

In the Table of Contents section of the downloadable Owner’s Manual for my recently-purchased Garmin nuvi 2559 there’s an entry relating to “Trip Information”. The relevant section in the Manual describes the feature and how to exploit it.

My elderly Garmin nuvi 1340 also has a Trip Infornation feature, though I've never felt any need to use it. I know the display is there because it used to occasionally pop up infuriatingly when I was trying to get the sat-nav to do what I wanted via the touchscreen.

Dizzied - 2015-05-09 2:38 PM

I Think it's an either or thing. Map / navigation or trip stats.

Yes you are right....it is exactly that.

Bit disappointing really as with the TT that's part of the continual onscreen display so you see "at a glance" what the elapsed mileage is along with eta. Surprised Garmin haven't done the same as firking around through menus is not really a clever idea during driving so it can only safely be done when stationary. Also with a 7" screen it's not exactly as though they are pushed for space!

Archived