sat nav devices..which on.

tonyg3nwl

Sorry, blank post, computer crashed.

question should be "which one"

I am looking for replacement for Garmin Quest..

ideally, I want to be able to plot route, waypoints, and be able to add pois for aires, france passion etc all on computer screen, then transfer route etc to satnav device..

any ideas?

Tonyg3nwl.

Can recommend Nuvi 2699LMT-D.

With 6inch screen will do all what you ask with lifetime map update and Traffic.

You will have to use Garmins Basecamp programme (free) to plot routes on computer and then download to sat nav. If you have the old Mapsource prog. it will also work for route planning.

Loading POI is easy using Garmins POI loader programme.

This is the best sat nav I have had and with the large screen much easier to read in M/H.

Shop around for best price

Hiya Tony I brought my satnav off ebay the guys user name is UK-trucknav the guy is a lorry driver himself and you put your vehicle dimensions in and it plans the route without going down narrow lanes. I paid £85.00 but I think he is selling them even cheaper now. I've had mine over 12 months and can't fault it. The guy even gives you his contract details and will help you if you need assistance. I've had Tomtoms for years but these are much better and cheaper. Hope this helps. Happy Days. :-D :-D

JohnP - 2015-05-10 8:46 AM

Can recommend Nuvi 2699LMT-D.

With 6inch screen will do all what you ask with lifetime map update and Traffic.

You will have to use Garmins Basecamp programme (free) to plot routes on computer and then download to sat nav. If you have the old Mapsource prog. it will also work for route planning.

Loading POI is easy using Garmins POI loader programme.

This is the best sat nav I have had and with the large screen much easier to read in M/H.

Shop around for best price

Hi there,

I agree with all of the above, but mine is the Garmin Camper 760 LMT-D which has an even bigger screen, plus when you tell it the height, width etc of your van, it is "supposed" to avoid unsuitable roads.

Regards,

Paul

Archived