Offer Code for DFDS

Bulletguy

Thanks for the response folks....didn't really expect any to be honest!

The EOD75 appears to end altogether at May 31st which is a pity as it does seem to accept MH's.

Dieppe is a good 150 miles in the opposite direction to my travel Lenny so not a saving for me i'm afraid! I will keep a look out on those Aldi links Martyn posted but not holding my breath. DFDS used to hand offer codes out like confetti but seems they've cut right back now, even to not attending shows any longer. Probably due to this permanent state of austerity which we now have another five years of! *-)

Sophie2 - 2015-05-13 9:43 AM

I don't have a code but the other day I did price comparisons between P and O and DFDS (Dover/Calais) and P and O were MUCH cheaper- even taking into account any discount.

I always do comparison checks and have to say for some time now i've found the complete opposite! Hence the reason i started using DFDS but also i go for the Dunkerque sail as that port is much more 'user friendly' and hassle free compared to Calais. P&O doesn't sail to Dunkerque.

The last time i returned back through Calais i had a very aggressive and rude Border control guy wrenching at the locked door which he then proceeded to bang with his fist. I got out and gave him a few choice words....and vowed never to use Calais again. As i travel in the East, Dunkerque places me better.

Using the exact same dates and times P&O (Dover-Calais) shows £100.80.....DFDS (Dover-Dunkerque) is £93.00. OK not a lot in it but still cheaper than P&O prices.

Bulletguy - 2015-05-13 3:49 PM

Sophie2 - 2015-05-13 9:43 AM

I don't have a code but the other day I did price comparisons between P and O and DFDS (Dover/Calais) and P and O were MUCH cheaper- even taking into account any discount.

I always do comparison checks and have to say for some time now i've found the complete opposite! Hence the reason i started using DFDS but also i go for the Dunkerque sail as that port is much more 'user friendly' and hassle free compared to Calais. P&O doesn't sail to Dunkerque.

The last time i returned back through Calais i had a very aggressive and rude Border control guy wrenching at the locked door which he then proceeded to bang with his fist. I got out and gave him a few choice words....and vowed never to use Calais again. As i travel in the East, Dunkerque places me better.

Using the exact same dates and times P&O (Dover-Calais) shows £100.80.....DFDS (Dover-Dunkerque) is £93.00. OK not a lot in it but still cheaper than P&O prices.

Just checked a Calais to Dover for early October (already booked the outward crossing)

DFDS=£81

P&O=£46.80

Same date and time within an hour of each other-both the basic (non flexible) fare.

Quite a lot in it!!

Sophie2 - 2015-05-13 6:41 PM

Just checked a Calais to Dover for early October (already booked the outward crossing)

DFDS=£81

P&O=£46.80

Same date and time within an hour of each other-both the basic (non flexible) fare.

Quite a lot in it!!

That is yes and tbh even whenever i did end up with P&O as the lower quote i can honestly say i never got that much difference. 10 or 12 quid at a max......but never as much as £34. But then i am talking about a return fare and not a single crossing. What's your combined total figure and did you cross compare those also?

P&O used to be very competitive and their prices were always cheaper......until SeaFrance went belly up. P&O's prices shot up overnight and since then i've never once managed to even price match them with DFDS...let alone get the same times for even a couple of quid less!

Can't remember when SeaFrance went but it's a good few years now...and thats how long it is since i last sailed with P&O.

Guest JudgeMental
You can share the Eurotunnel frequent traveller scheme and it's £108 return anytime of year. Do a search for my thread. No more yearly faffing about, and so flexible....

JudgeMental - 2015-05-15 8:21 AM

You can share the Eurotunnel frequent traveller scheme and it's £108 return anytime of year. Do a search for my thread. No more yearly faffing about, and so flexible....

Did a search Judge and it directed me back to this thread. Help please.

"That is yes and tbh even whenever i did end up with P&O as the lower quote i can honestly say i never got that much difference. 10 or 12 quid at a max......but never as much as £34. But then i am talking about a return fare and not a single crossing. What's your combined total figure and did you cross compare those also? "

The outward trip is covered by Tesco Vouchers on eurotunnel so no, didn't do a return comparison. On the figures I quoted though it may be worth just doing two singles.

As a Sarfener i can understand the attraction for you Judge as it's only a 100 mile jaunt to Dover....for me it's almost three times that so the Ferry has always been a welcome break though i do overnight now 'somewhere in Dover' (guarded secret as 1) it's entirely void of over zealous wardens and 2) nobody mithers you).

Sophie2 - 2015-05-15 7:03 PM

The outward trip is covered by Tesco Vouchers on eurotunnel so no, didn't do a return comparison. On the figures I quoted though it may be worth just doing two singles.

Yes i've just looked at doing two singles using same dates/times and it's come in 8 quid less! Not a massive saving but never the less, still a saving.......and it makes you wonder why doesn't it?

Guest JudgeMental
Bulletguy - 2015-05-15 11:56 PM

As a Sarfener i can understand the attraction for you Judge as it's only a 100 mile jaunt to Dover....for me it's almost three times that so the Ferry has always been a welcome break though i do overnight now 'somewhere in Dover' (guarded secret as 1) it's entirely void of over zealous wardens and 2) nobody mithers you).

Sophie2 - 2015-05-15 7:03 PM

Yes i've just looked at doing two singles using same dates/times and it's come in 8 quid less! Not a massive saving but never the less, still a saving.......and it makes you wonder why doesn't it?

Tunnel approx 30 minutes...plenty of places to stop other side. I can be past Rouen before the boat docks...

Archived