Fiat Ducato 2.3Jtd. reg 28/12/2009

MR Van Sales

Hi, I have been having a fault code (P0638) occuring every time I use this van lately, before it was only every now and then, after about 10 miles it hesitates and the engine light comes on with the above fault code. I have found Nicks replies very usefull.

When I brought this van the previous owner gave me an invoice for the replacement of the throttle actuator, loom and O2 sensor which came to about £1000!

Since then it has done about 4,000 miles so I am surprised to be having this problem.

So far I have stripped off the throlle actuaor which had a Fiat remanufactured label on it but does look quite new and the flap moves smoothly and freely when you push it, so I refitted it and replaced the pressure valve which sits just under the wipers.

I hoped this would fix the problem but it is still the same.

Now before I fork out approx £300 on another throttle acutator I wondered if it might be an egr valve fault as this is piped into the side of the throttle actuator.

Aslo I wondered if I could just blank off the egr valve and see if it cures the problem or would it bring the engine light on.

Any body got any thoughts on this?

You help would be nmuch appricated

Richard

Archived