switching to a motorhome compass suntor

dmum

we are considering swapping our caravan for a motorhome. I have seen a compass suntor 150 which i really liked because of the end lounge layout. I wondered if anyone had any feedback / info about this model.

Hi dmum..

What year is it?...

If it between 2007 and 2010(*ish), then these previous discussions are worth a read:

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Corrosion-of-body-work-on-Elddis-Autoquest-100/32495/

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/ELDDIS-AUTOQUEST-2010-ALLOY-CORROSION-AND-WOOD-ROT/33446/

(* I'm not sure when they changed their build method( possibly '11-12?) so the issues above may well affect vans past the 2010 van in that second link ..?)

When ours ('07 Compass Avantgarde 120 Suntor) was corroding, I noted that the various older model types I saw about, appeared to be fine.... :-S

An end lounge is caravan-like and it does provide a comfortable lounge area.

Motorhomes are however all about maximising the use and flexibility of space, so layouts which incorporate the driving/passenger seats into the lounge area make use if those which would other wise be wasted, so a front lounge layout will often provide better overall use of space than a rear lounge.

Enjoy motorhoming and don't expect to get it perfectly right first time!

dmum - 2015-05-15 8:35 AM

we are considering swapping our caravan for a motorhome. I have seen a compass suntor 150 which i really liked because of the end lounge layout. I wondered if anyone had any feedback / info about this model.

. The Compass 150 and the Elddis Autoquest 150 are virtually the same van, lots of ex Caravanners opt for a rear lounge, and many different makers do them, not so popular amongst Continental makers however who tend to opt for fixed beds. Take your time looking , don't be rushed into anything, and if buying from a dealer (wise for a 1st motorhome) make sure the warranty is for at least a year and covers water ingress repairs. Good luck. Explorer group made Compass both Caravans and Motorhomes, dropped the Compass name in about 2008 but as I said Elddis and Compass were virtually identical.

Archived