POI's for Tom Toms

suntrecker38

if you hook up your old XL to a windows PC you can copy the files, which live in the 'map' file, back to the PC.

then you can copy them into the map section of your new Tomtom if it allows it.....some new ones dont.

if not, you can put the. in the Tomtom poi directory and use the Tomtom uploader to get them to ypur new sat nav.

bolero boy - 2015-05-16 10:03 PM

if you hook up your old XL to a windows PC you can copy the files, which live in the 'map' file, back to the PC.

then you can copy them into the map section of your new Tomtom if it allows it.....some new ones dont.

if not, you can put the. in the Tomtom poi directory and use the Tomtom uploader to get them to ypur new sat nav.

. That's exactly what I did when I got my 1005 camper. My old 'one new edition' is still going strong in my car and still on the original battery. Why do Sat Nav makers make it so hard to download POI's. ? and why no 'True' laser survey of Britain's drive able roads as Google have done with Cameras, so that the Dimensions entered actually mean something?

Archived