Hymer spares

rosnat

Hello to everyone, had my Hymer motorhome since last September and I require a few small parts and just wondered if anyone can recommend a source for spares. I have tried some of the bigger Hymer dealers but have not had any success sourcing the parts from them. The ones that I have dealt with never answered my query and the ones that did have not followed up with the spares. I have been trying for a few weeks back and forth trying to get parts. If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated.

It may help replies if you give a bit more detail. Age of van, type and model, for example, and an idea of what spares you need. Would also be useful to know whereabouts you live, for nearest dealers.

Would I be right in thinking you've e-mailed your queries? Dealers are often swamped with e-mailed queries, and can be pretty ruthless in weeding out the ones that won't make them money. If you bought from a dealer, why not go back to them?

Hymer are good with spares, but you need to give the dealer something "juicy" to get him to respond. Try booking it for a service, or similar, and then add the spares onto that booking. Otherwise, call in and talk to them personally. It's more difficult to ignore a person standing in front of you!

Thanks for the replies, I did not buy the van from a dealer and I live in the west coast of Scotland and it was by e-mail I contacted these dealers, they are small minor parts I require but I do not think that should matter. I will keep looking. Thanks.

Be warned, Hymer parts are eye-wateringly over priced and sometimes the same articles can be bought cheaper from a non Hymer supplier. Hymer buy in some of their supplies which means you can often buy replacements from the supplier or places like Leisureshop Direct, CAK tanks, O'Leary motorhomes. Plus, of course, e-bay.

When I need a specific Hymer part, I follow Brian's and Lennie's advice. Either get the dealer to supply when they have the van in for maintenance [even that's not guaranteed unless my dealer gets to fit] or ask Chris at Premier Motorhomes - he will need either the VIN or your Hymer number plus age and model.

Archived