Bailey damp issues ??

Wallynnette

Just booked our Bailey Approach in for the yearly habitation check. I hopefully, haven't got a problem, but I've a mate who's a 'service fitter / technician' and works for a well known motorhome dealer, and he sent me some pics of a 2013 Bailey 760 which had no sealant between floor, wall and side skirt down one side. He says Bailey have got them to do the recall work on their caravans as well and have a couple of car parks full of them. Any one had any issues or if not double check the damp test ?

There was a thread on here a while back about a damp Bailey of similar vintage but it was from a first and last time poster and we never heard anything more about it. I've seen one other on another forum too.

I did a lot of research into their construction methods before buying my Bailey and inspected my own van in detail pre-purchase - a healthy extrusion of sealant all around the bolted floor-wall joint.

The Bailey owners facebook group has around 250 members (including Martyn above and I) and I've not noted any damp problems, rather just the routine stuff like rubbish water tank sensors and warped cupboard doors.

I guess though that any make is susceptible to production line failures but when hearing of faults you do need to consider just how many of these vans they are producing. The Peugeot dealer in Bristol is reported to be PDI-ing 40 Boxer chassis per week for Bailey..

Archived