Day 2/3/4 of 44

Caddies104

Hi

Day 1 is on Chatterbox, but was suggested better on here, so here goes...

After Leaving De Val de Vesle we made out way south towards Chalon Sur Saône to Mesnil Saint Père the Kawan Village campsite of Le Lac d Orient. This is a Camping Cheque site (pg 310) so costs £14.95 per night for Van + 2 people and electric.

The site itself is a stones throw from the Lake where you can lie on the man made beach, swim, go windsurfing or hire out a paddle boat or Kayak.

The site has a Bar, Restaurant, takeaway, a well stocked shop and indoor and outdoor swimming pool with water slide. There is Free Wifi at the bar although our pitch was close to the pool so managed to get a reception which was a bonus. There are 2 toilet blocks, one fairly new by the look of it with all the mod cons and lovely hot water in the showers. Also has a play area for the kids and a multi gym, the ones you see in the Park etc.

There is a Supermarket and petrol station around 8km away. As the weather was overcast the one day we drove out just north of Troyes to the McArthurGlen outlet shops (25km) the site reception can give you a voucher which gets you 10% off at most of the shops..

All in all a very nice site which we rated at 9/10..

If all goes well picture

1 site entrance

2 Pool from our pitch

3 me on the slide

4 table tennis

5 multi gym

6 view of lake

7 Our pitch

image.jpg.cc1cf3e3feb9917509d56887e246d848.jpg

image.jpg.bb8e824e64c7906f911399571d5d996e.jpg

image.jpg.0aa3bb7254c9cab6affcc09403f2003a.jpg

image.jpg.81fad774ccac04bafb4eb6bd4838e155.jpg

image.jpg.3c5cea2a2af44e4fa1ac70919c068088.jpg

image.jpg.c8e3b083778270b3c259faeff5f6c4fe.jpg

image.jpg.d156732d68a8d94ac9da7b1430618bab.jpg

Guest pelmetman
Caddies104 - 2015-05-17 3:08 PM

Hi

Would be ours in the high season, but very quiet as you can see by the play area, there is an Aire just down the road and the lake really is beautiful..

That's just how I like my campsites...............quiet B-) ...........

starvin marvin - 2015-05-17 12:49 PM

Looks like one of my nightmares, thanks for the info, but no thanks if its all the same to you. Each to their own.

Yeah mine too, makes me shiver, would rather stay home.

It's great that we all have such different tastes though and that there are places for us all.

Guest Joe90

Heading the same way ourselves this coming week, to the OP, take in the mediaeval town at Langres, well worth a visit, and there was a convenient Aire the last time we passed that way.

As for the site pictured, hard to see what's objectionable if that floats your boat, looks like a CC club site ( minus the marker post ) with extras, for a CL price tag, enjoy yourself.

Joe90 - 2015-05-17 4:08 PM

Heading the same way ourselves this coming week, to the OP, take in the mediaeval town at Langres, well worth a visit, and there was a convenient Aire the last time we passed that way.

As for the site pictured, hard to see what's objectionable if that floats your boat, looks like a CC club site ( minus the marker post ) with extras, for a CL price tag, enjoy yourself.

The aire at Langres was just a service point when we came through last year, couple of giant boulders across the old aire entrance.

Archived