Bed Sizes

colin

Why do Motorcaravan makers put such small beds in their vans? I built my T25 with a 4'6" wide bed, Adria have fitted one at least as big as this in the Twin high top, yet most converters seem to think 4'3" is a big bed and devon seem to have fitted a 3'8" bed to the merc sprinter(with a small 4' piece at end), has anyone brought a motorhome and been disapointed in size of bed, or like me, walked away from 95% of designs because bed is to small. Also the trend for large storage under beds has made it impossible to sit up in some beds even for me at 5'6"

[QUOTE]Vixter - 2006-10-19 10:27 PM Colin, what on earth is the photo of...?[/QUOTE] Its a leonardo glider that we made for ITN Factual/C4, it was flown by Judy Leedon, in photo it is hung in ITN building at grey's inn road but in sept we hung it in V&A museum where it will be for next couple of months

Colin, It's basically bad design. You'd be surpeised how many motorhome (& caravan) designers never actually use their products. Ou Renault Master van conversion has 2 x 2'5" wide bunk beds (by 6' and 5'10" long, limited by the van width) and a non-fixed double 4'6"x6'6". Despite this it still has a bathroom the same size as a Hymer C Class and a proper kitchen with full cooker, 90L fridge and a wardrobe. I've seen a similar layout conversion on the same base that has much smaller beds but the kitchen and bathroom are also smaller! I recall the then Mobilvetta designer actually BOASTING that he'd used one of his own motorhomes for a 10-day trip to France to see the solar eclipse, the first time he'd ever been in one!

[QUOTE]Vixter - 2006-10-19 11:06 PM Thanks for that, you really got me guessing there, I was thinking it was a badly supported mattress in a small camper viewed through the rear door, hmmm. Very nice though...well done, I'm sure.[/QUOTE] Have you been looking in my T25?

Archived