chausson welcome 510 or 610

Knaus

Hi just had first trip in our 2015 Chausson 510. The overcab skylight rattles so much it makes your headache. Has anyone else had this problem? The tyres are Argilis and we have put 65lbs in them after finding they had 80lbs in them. Made no difference to rattle.

80psi is the Michelin recommended tyre pressure for the rear axle on a motorhome so that the tyres work at their optimum design. That said, quite a few people have lower tyre pressures on the rear!

I take it the skylight is the one at the from of the van. Therefore, what tyre pressure are you operating on the front axle? I'm running my Hymer at 53psi at the front and 80 at the rear.

I'd ring the dealer and ask them to fix it. But before you do, check you have been operating at the tyre pressure recommended either by Chausson or Michelin. To get advice from Michelin, you first have to take your fully laden van to a weighbridge to see what are the front and rear axle weights and the total weight.

Is it the actual skylight or the blinds

We half close the blind and the fly screen, so they meet in the middle and it sorted ours

Chausoson 610.

I have also reduced the pressure in the tyres. 67lb all round, and it helps.

I played with our last MH and found running with a full water tank helped

Den

Hi it is the actual frame that you can see vibrating. Not so bad on a good road surface but there aren't many of those in Britain. Will talk to the dealer. Trouble is we have been spoilt with the build quality of our 11year old Knaus Traveller which we traded in for the Chausson. Thanks for all your thoughts.

Archived