Webasto drain valve leaking

sakofox

We have just collected our van and I have been testing heating, hot water etc. the van had been drained by the supplier so I half filled the tank and switched on the webasto, hot air fine, hot water great. I just happened to look underneath and water was dripping from the webasto drain pipe.

Finished test and switched the boiler to drain which it did.

Next day put water in the system ready for a short trip. Looked underneath and the webasto is dripping even though everything is switched off.

The handbook says to de scale with vinegar so I put the solution in and ran taps and heated water to max, drained system and flushed with clean water, result = still dripping , possibly worse.

Any suggestions prior to taking it back to the motorhome garage.

Hi, I had these symptoms whilst in Spain last winter and I plugged the drain outlet (with great difficulty) with an expanding wine bottle cork.

On my return I took the vehicle to the Webasto agent at Mansfield and they discovered that the problem was a pressure relief valve which had opened and not closed. They changed it under warranty along with a fan with a noisy bearing. The Webasto warranty is for two years which they can check from the number on the unit.

Hopefully your one is still under warranty. But if not I can only recommend their excellent service and efficiency.

Look them up on the Webasto website for their address.

I hope this is of help

Colin

Archived