Hymer T654 SL

Lizzie

Payload depends on the year, but approx 450kg, with 90% fuel 1 x 11kg Aluminum gas bottle, 20lt of water & driver @ 75kg. That is before any extras or packs are added, so allow about 100 - 150kg for these, just about useable at 3500kg but tight.

Until last year we had a Tramp 654 SL Gold edition, payload on that was 350 kg, but it had as standard the pack with Remis blinds etc, sound system with sub woofer, Oyster sat system, TV, spare wheel, Tec Tower.

We used to carry 2 bikes on the bike rack had a 80W solar panel, 2nd leisure battery, 4m awning and could run at 3500kg with 50% water & 75% fuel, but we are quite light 120kg for the 2 of us.

We had it from new (2008) super van loved it, only criticism, a bit tight on ground clearance.

Hmmm do you think it would be a good idea to get it re-plated? I have been reading a bit about this and it doesn't sound too problematic?? I suppose we would pay more on toll roads etc in France but are there any other issues to think about? We both have C1 driving licences so no problem there.

Thanks for the info - really helpful.

Lizzie - 2015-05-24 8:19 PM

Hi It's a Fiat Ducato, 2.3 JTD (130 multijet).

Light chassis can be either 3500kg or 3850kg.

Maxi either 4000kg or 4250kg.

I assume as you are asking about up rating you have the 3500kg chassis.

Depending how much stuff you carry and what options you have fitted, as long as you don't want to run with a full water tank you will probably be OK at 3500.

Only one way to find out, fully load it for a trip and go to a weighbridge.

Guest JudgeMental

Have a look at weight plate. If rear axle 2400kg and it has 16 inch wheels its a Maxi and a paper upgrade.

Archived