Fiat recall

My Auto Trail is now one month old and today, I received a letter from Fiat saying that there is an immediate requirement for me to take it to a Fiat dealer, for an update of the control unit software, components and systems.

The letter also says that this recall has been advised previously!!!

Does anyone know what the issue that requires this urgent attention is?

I am planning to use the MH this coming week. Is it ok if the work has not been done by then?

Should the MH dealer have dealt with this before handing it over to me?

As I understand it it is a "Service Campaign" (Fiat Ref 5863) as opposed to a recall. I'm told it's a software update with regard to instrumentation. Mine goes in on Wednesday and will ask for more detail then. I was advised by Camper UK, (Lincoln) that the vehicle could continue to be used without problem.

Guest JudgeMental
I got a recall on my Citroen based X250 recently and they did it while I waited...ring a few dealerships to see if they can fit yo in before trip?

Is your one an X290 ? We have had our new MH since the beginning of March this year and not received any notification. We are off to France very soon for almost 6 weeks so what happens then ?

Alan

cleddytanhouse - 2015-05-24 10:39 AM

Thanks Graham. It is typical that letters like this come at a Bank Holiday weekend, when you cannot talk to a Fiat dealer!! I will contact them on Tuesday.

AlanS - 2015-05-24 8:33 PM

Is your one an X290 ? We have had our new MH since the beginning of March this year and not received any notification. We are off to France very soon for almost 6 weeks so what happens then ?

X290 supplied September 2014.

Thanks Graham

The Fiat Certificate of Conformity on our new one was dated February 2015 so maybe mine has already been updated - I will have to wait and see what happens then.

Alan

grahamw - 2015-05-24 8:46 PM

AlanS - 2015-05-24 8:33 PM

X290 supplied September 2014.

Had the "Service Campaign" done today and advised that it only affects a small number of vehicle in the early stages of production of the X290. Radio was removed in order for two wires to be swapped over - mine has the combined sat nav/radio. Also under the bonnet the security of a cover over an electrical connector was checked.

Archived