Omni step on 2004 Kontiki 610

kontikibeb

I'm having similar problems to a previous thread. After a recent service step refused to extend. Returning to dealer they found fault to be that one of plugs on EC200 had come loose (so they said).

Now recurred (2 months later) . When I look at Vehicle Battery voltage on remote display from EC200 it shows very low voltage (6 to 9 volts) and drops to zero when I try to operate step. I have checked all plugs on base of EC200 and all seem to be in place.

I've read Clive's writeup on the wiring of Omni step and also checked Swift idea of wiring for Kontiki. Stil scratching my head! Anyone any ideas??

Thanks

Plug loose on EC200??? The step on my Kontiki 660 is controlled by the relays in the engine bay and has absolutely nothing to do with the EC200. If Fiat, look in the "middle" of the engine bay and you should find a large plastic cover held on by 4 nuts. (Not the relay box to the right). You should find two relays and a 4 way fuse block. Check all these fuses, there may be 4 but only three used.

At the habitation door I have the step switch on the LHS on entry which is on the drinks cabinet. If same the relays for the step are behinddrawer, so drawer needs to be removed.

Hope this helps and please give feedback as to how you get on.

Archived