connections for solar panel in Auto Cruise

Gaselec

Hello motorhome lovers, ("No he didn't mean it in that context George") (lol)

I would be very grateful if anyone can give me information as to where it would be best to connect a Falcon portable100W solar panel with a solar system controller into an Auto cruise Star dream. The vehicle has a management system with Modules A & B fitted by the driver's seat, and a control panel by the habitation door which already has a solar panel push button fitted, and when pressed indicates no solar panel fitted. I intend to hard wire all the internal connections and then secure the supplied two way connector with protective waterproof ingress cover in a safe and external accessible position for plugging in the solar panel. Any additional wiring if at all needed to the solar panel push button switch will present no problem for me. including the two separate aux batteries which are fitted beneath a lift up floor cover.

All the wiring is already there. In the cupboard where the TV aerial is there is a false wall panel to the left undo the four wood screws and behind you will find the wiring. The management system needs enabling for the panel to work with the system. I've got the instructions on my laptop somewhere PM me.

Found it!

• 2 months later...
Hi just been searching the forums and I have the same issue ,,, could anyone please help me regarding the input code needed for the display to see the solar panel , as it says no panel fitted ,,, any help would be appreciated ,,,!,, Steve

• 1 month later...

Just wondered if you could help us with the last part of connecting our solar panel. We have an auto cruise star blazer 2009 Multijet. We have fitted the panel and control board and routed the wires into the TV cupboard. We already have wires connected in the TV cupboard but are not sure if we can piggyback the connections for the solar panel to them and if so which one is positive. We currently have and orange and white connected to a white wire and a solid grey connected to black so we assume the orange and white is positive. Any help would be very much appreciated.

• 6 years later...

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums, Andy.

I believe a 2007 Tasman Pioneer model will have been built before Autocruise was subsumed by Swift and I'm doubtful that a owner's manual is still available online for it. However, a manual for 2008 Autocruise-branded "Star" models can be found on the following link and this includes information on the "Energy Management System" that Autocruise may have fitted to your motorhome and that seems to have some sort of solar-panel connectivity.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/863814/Autocruise-Camper-Van-Range-2008.html?page=1#manual

Archived