Pyrenees Guide Completed!!!

Barryd999

Last summer we spent 6 weeks in the French Pyrenees and I promised I would do a guide to where we went and where we stayed as well as the highlights of that tour.

Its taken me a while and to be honest I wished I had done it sooner as you forget stuff.

Anyway I finished it today. Its in the downloads section on Hank the tanks website near the bottom (some other stuff you might find useful in there as well). Nearly all Aires and wild spots.

https://sites.google.com/site/hanktestsite2/downloads

Hope its useful to someone.

Thanks indeed for taking the time Barry, much appreciated.

The Pyrenees are on of our 'must get round to going there' tours and reading yours has raised it closer to the top of our list!

Thanks again and safe travels.

Now if you can just do one for the Italian Lakes and Alps that would be handy too as that is another on our list, although we will be there next week (flying out and staying in a posh hotel for a change) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really enjoyed reading your guide with lovely pictures. We camped near Lac Estaing couple of years ago at Camping Natura. A lovely area and one I'd like to return to with a motorhome instead of a tent. We did get rained on for about 48 hours!

Thanks

Glad they have been of interest. Italian lakes and Alps you say. Yes I could to be honest. There are some blogs on the website at www.hankthetank.co.uk

I think 2009, 2011 and 2012 have some Italian lakes and Alps stuff but its all mainly my ramblings and take on the trip rather than anything factually useful. I just wanted to see if I can write a guide with useful info rather than just talking about drinking beer and playing guitars up an Alp. :D

antony1969 - 2015-05-29 8:15 PM

Nice pics Baz , almost professional ... Looks like even in summer fairly quiet just like we like

Could be a summer one for us

From Huddersfield I'd turn ?

Across the M62 to the M6, turn right, keep going until you reach the A9 at Dundee and head for Aberdeen, 12 hour ferry to Shetland which is the start of the Pyrenees. Have a great time! :D

Barryd999 - 2015-05-29 8:48 PM

Nice pics Baz , almost professional ... Looks like even in summer fairly quiet just like we like

Across the M62 to the M6, turn right, keep going until you reach the A9 at Dundee and head for Aberdeen, 12 hour ferry to Shetland which is the start of the Pyrenees. Have a great time! :D

Picnic packed and plane booked ... Sweet motorhome holiday we come ... Is it Dollars in Scotland on Sea or sheep still ?

antony1969 - 2015-05-29 8:58 PM

Barryd999 - 2015-05-29 8:48 PM

Picnic packed and plane booked ... Sweet motorhome holiday we come ... Is it Dollars in Scotland on Sea or sheep still ?

Haggises since they dropped the Euro.

pelmetman - 2015-05-29 9:37 PM

I particularly liked this section ;-) ........

Dirty French Guide

:D

Thought you might. I have no idea of how that got there though.

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2015-05-29 10:23 PM

antony1969 - 2015-05-29 8:58 PM

Is it Dollars in Scotland on Sea or sheep still ?

Nah - course not - it's now known as the 'Salmon' issued by the Bank of Sturgeon.

Come the revolution it'll be called the "Ukipper" :D ........

• 1 month later...
Lizzie - 2015-05-29 1:46 PM

Really enjoyed reading your guide with lovely pictures. We camped near Lac Estaing couple of years ago at Camping Natura. A lovely area and one I'd like to return to with a motorhome instead of a tent. We did get rained on for about 48 hours!

I was there September 2011 and didn't see the mountains in this valley due to drizzle for 2 days... Day of departure, a glorious view!!

Guest Joe90

Excellent guide Barry, and I've saved your PDF file to refer to, and although we thought we'd "done" the area a couple of years back, it's obvious we missed a lot out, and it was without doubt one of the best trips we've done......... and thanks to you reminding us what a beautiful and quiet area of France this is, will have us now heading back in just a few weeks time as I was mulling it over where to head for this time . ;-)

Although I have to say we were disappointed with Lourdes, couldn't find a kiss me quick hat anywhere, but fully expected too.

Anyway I'll just have to keep it quiet from the missus, she wasn't too keen on some of the roads. :D

PyreneesRoad.jpg.bdf502c01175721dcfeb5e3fadd498f0.jpg

Archived