Tyres in Spain

Mike B.

I will need to replace my tyres in the not too distant future due to age. I am also going to Spain in near future and on looking up tyres in Spain I find Michelin Aguilias Camper are substantially cheaper there with the £/€ exchange rate at present. Does anyone know if quoted prices in Spain include fitting/ balancing/valves etc as in UK or if this is extra?

If extra how much is the normal fitting?

Thanks

Mike

We are based in Spain and use Tyre King on the Antas Real estate. This is in the eastern Almeria area, and always has the best price on tyres of all sorts. Cheapest Michelins for the car (cheaper than Michelin centre!) Could be worth a call if you are down that way.

thanks-tried that but unfortunately don't have Michelin. Has anybody any experience of the Pirelli camper tyres? Any good?

Mike

Yes they do here......looks a bit pricey to me will ask my local garage (Rojales area) tomorrow and let you know .The size below is for my van, also be careful when they quote you a price over here it often does not include IVA (VAT) which is 21%....

http://www.neumaticos-pneus-online.es/auto-neumatico/michelin/agilis-camping/225-65-r16-112-q-8-pr.html

Hasta mañana

Brian K

Mike B. - 2015-05-29 3:11 PM

I will need to replace my tyres in the not too distant future due to age. I am also going to Spain in near future and on looking up tyres in Spain I find Michelin Aguilias Camper are substantially cheaper there with the £/€ exchange rate at present. Does anyone know if quoted prices in Spain include fitting/ balancing/valves etc as in UK or if this is extra?

If extra how much is the normal fitting?

Thanks

Mike

I know we are all trying to save money but dare I suggest that if the tyres are getting to the stage where you are concerned that it may be better to just replace them before you go. and rest easy? With age there is no warning that anything is amiss, until it is too late so my feeling is , better safe than sorry. After all is your life worth the few pounds you might save

MikeB ,not much saving certainly here :-

Been to the local tyre fitter this morning and rely supprised a real eye opener at the replacement price for my Michelin X ...225 x 65 x R16 CP..... price fitted balanced revalved incld.VAT (IVA) 225€ each.

Also offered VancoCamper (Continentals) at 180€ each. Even at todays (1.36) rate they seem expensive

As my van is Spainished reg, you are not allowed to fit any thing other than CP spec. or it will fail its MOT (ITV) so white vanman ones are a no no .

They did offer to fit my own purchased tyres for 10€ a wheel so that could be a cheaper alternative .

Hope somebody can find them cheaper

Brian K

Thanks for all replies-seems Michelin are not that easy to obtain in Spain and as I particularly want these (very happy with this set plus I have an unused spare in garage) I think I will get them here in Uk before I go. Black Circles seem to be best deal around here

Mike

Hi Mike

If you are driving through France to get to Spain, you may like to know that I recently paid a total of €163 (£116 in late May) at Euromaster, St Malo for a Michelin Agilis Camping tyre.

That price included fitting, balancing, new steel valve and disposal of the old tyre.

This was a 215/70 R15 109Q tyre.

They had them in stock and have a good website where you can check stock levels and prices.

Euromaster have lots of depots all over France.

They even went ten minutes into their lunch break to finish off the fitting :-D

Price quoted in UK by email was £145!

Hope this helps

Ian

Matrix Meanderer - 2015-06-04 6:47 PM

Hi Mike

If you are driving through France to get to Spain, you may like to know that I recently paid a total of €163 (£116 in late May) at Euromaster, St Malo for a Michelin Agilis Camping tyre.

That price included fitting, balancing, new steel valve and disposal of the old tyre.

This was a 215/70 R15 109Q tyre.

They had them in stock and have a good website where you can check stock levels and prices.

Euromaster have lots of depots all over France.

They even went ten minutes into their lunch break to finish off the fitting :-D

Price quoted in UK by email was £145!

Hope this helps

Ian

Thanks Ian

Have found them on line fitted at £114 in UK so am going with that

Cheers

Mike

Archived