Can I keep my French camper van in France now I have moved back to UK?

KDawson

Hi I am seeking some advice regarding my French camper van which is parked up at my Mums house in France. I moved back to the UK (with my mother) and intend to use the camper van during the summer visiting campsites in France.We are looking to let out my Mum's house until such time as it can be sold and I will keep my camper van at that property. I am registered as the owner and it is insured in France and has a years CT (MOT) left. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks Kate

Strictly speaking it will probably be your residency status rather than property ownership or access to parking facilities which will determine whether you can legally keep a vehicle French-registered and based in France but as long you have an address there (if necessary a friend's address used as your nominal French residency) and the French vehicle registration authorities don't have reason to think you are non-resident, I would anticipate no difficulties. Just carry on insuring it in France and getting it French MOTed.

+1 What StuartO said

Make sure its insured, unless law has changed recently its illegal to have a vehicle uninsured.

We're considering a move back to France after returning ourselves to the UK 6 years ago.

Where is the property?

Archived