snipe sat dish

fesspark

The satellites currently operating at 28 degrees are Astra 2E and F plus Eutelsat 28A.

The Eutelsat is ready for retirement too and will be replaced within the next couple of weeks with Astra 2G.

Your Snipe still has the old names in but it will make no difference as it is only interested in a particular frequency which is still being used on one of the new satellites.

Some people have noticed that certain channels they used to get have disappeared. It is not necessarily due to the changes to new satellites although as has been mentioned before the new UK spot beams have reduced the footprint considerably. In order to fit more channels on to a frequency changes have been made to the FEC on some channels. This is the Forward Error Correction (In brief that is the way the digital signal checks itself for accuracy). By reducing the number of times it checks it reduces the amount of bandwidth required so more channels can be fitted on a single frequency,

Some boxes will automatically correct for the change but others may need the channel which is being affected retuned. "Sky" and "Freesat" boxes are not affected as the "EPG" (Programme guide is updated automatically for the changes.

Thank you both very much for your help,I have both freesat and sky boxes,although have not tried the sky box as it is indoors and i don,t want to upset the wife.I will recheck the channel lists and see what I find Regards fesspark

More information please.

1) When you say you have switched Astra 2 on - Do you mean you have plugged your "Freesat" box into your snipe which is turned to Astra 2? or is it plugged in to your house satellite dish?

2) When you say you can only see the Channel 4 programmes do you mean that no others are listed in the programme guide or can you select other programmes but they don't come up with a picture?

3) Are you sure you have a "Freesat" box or is it a free to air box?

Thanks Bernie.I have a Konig Free to air Sat rec;that is connected to my Burstner Snipe Dish. I only get 10 channels listed all on Chan 4 progs.I don,t seem to be able to select any others.When I was in Spain earlier this year I got Sky news and several other stations but now they have gone ? Fesspark ,I see someone else has had a problem simular and has now rectified it I must try his solution.

For those that are interested in Snipe,As you may have read I am having trouble setting my free to air box in the u,k,However I have just tried my Sky box in the m,home connected to snipe on astra 2 and all stations I normally get were there. So it is obvious my Konig box needs resetting ? Theres another problem for me.Cheers Fesspark

I'm not sure how your Konig works, but it seems you need to do a full retune, although my Avtex has no problems and will have a similar set up.

You need to look for a blind search option, although it may be called something else, this will hunt throu all the frequencies and not just those preprogrammed.

Archived