Noisekiller?

Bill

I NEARLY did so, but concluded against, as follows: There are two main routes for engine noise to get into the cab: 1. through the engine bonnet and windscreen 2. through the bulkhead. In my previous 'van (Iveco Daily chassis) neither route had any significant insulation and I decided that, whilst Noisekiller would undoubtedly solve (1), there was no way I could get insulation in place to solve (2). So I gave up!

Hi Bill, Yes I have fitted their kit to our Boxer and it has given a significant reduction in noise, you can actually hear the radio clearly at 70mph without having the volume on max. The downside is you can hold a conversation with your partner too. LOL :-D :-D :-D I bought the complete kit with lead blanket at the Peterboro Show for a special price (around £135 if I recall) and whilst initially dubious about the effect on cooling of the engine by the blanket we have had it fitted for two and a half years with no detrimental effect. The kit is all pre cut to shape and size and it would have been difficult, if not impossible, to have worked out the shapes if you had used material bought off the roll as some have to curve and bend to fit areas such as the inside of the wheel arches. Yes it is fiddly in some places under the bonnet on the bulkhead and it is a case of using just the fingertips to get it into place, but as it is shapped correctly and it is pre glued (you pull off the backing paper and press it into place for it to stick) it is not that difficult just fiddly. The majority of the time is taken being careful how you remove and replace the trim so not to mark it. The whole job took under a day and was IMO well worth while. Bas

Bill, I agree fully with previous comments. I have had engine blanket on for 6 years - 2000 boxer, and transferred to 2004 boxer, with significant reduction in diesel rattle. I purchased remainder of kit in 2004, and would recommend it. Ken

Had kit fitted to my '99 Transit by Noisekiller themselves about two years ago. They use different types of material for different areas. Apart from engine noise, vibration noise from door panels, floor etc is reduced. The engine blanket is fitted between the rear of the engine and bulkhead and does not affect engine cooling. Wheras my radio used to be set at 12 on the volume I now have it at 8. Not very scientific but gives you an idea of amount of noise reduction.

As far as the Boxer is concerned it depends on how old it is. I fitted one of these kits to my 06 boxer and to be honest could discern no difference at all. When I took up the cab carpet and footwells there was already a certain amount of noise proofing. As for the engine blanket, well there was no bl**dy way that would go between the engine and bulkhead. As far as my van was concerned a complete waste of money. Pete

Archived